Newest Member
    sambakken
SW/Central/SE VA Disco

Martin

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sweet jesus, mother of god.

I think I've seen the perfect model run.

Got to love the NAM!  But, when has the NAM scored a victory like this?  I wish it was tomorrow and that run just came in.  Isn't that the NAM's wheelhouse?  I am excited but guarded.  We are just so damn snakebit.  Even in 2010, we got great dumps of snow but they got Snowmageddon in DC, just once, I want to see us get those rates.

This is just my inner weenie talking, but my hope is that the Euro is too amped up as it's been in the past. No doubt it's won the award for best model this storm, but that doesn't mean it has the track down to the nearest mile.

NAM is perfect for RIC but, as usual, it's probably overdone the QPF. If the GFS starts to settle on a similar track with lower QPF, that might be the winner.

I think we should be pleased with the fact that the GFS continues to look like this. Gives me hope that a compromise solution similar to the CMC/NAM will be the eventual winner.

Totally agree. By this time tomorrow, it is time to look to our short range suite and place less reliance on the globals. 4 more runs of the GFS and 2 of the Euro and continue to take the blend.

Besides, the GFS is still a good snow storm for RIC

Totally agree. By this time tomorrow, it is time to look to our short range suite and place less reliance on the globals. 4 more runs of the GFS and 2 of the Euro and continue to take the blend.

Besides, the GFS is still a good snow storm for RIC

Still the best storm of the season over here, too.  Unless the Euro verifies I think RIC is gonna do real well in this storm. I suppose it mostly depends on where that 35-45 dbz band sets up, as it usually does. 

Got to love the NAM!  But, when has the NAM scored a victory like this?  I wish it was tomorrow and that run just came in.  Isn't that the NAM's wheelhouse?  I am excited but guarded.  We are just so damn snakebit.  Even in 2010, we got great dumps of snow but they got Snowmageddon in DC, just once, I want to see us get those rates.

We were talking about this earlier... the NAM, w/ the Euro somewhat close behind, led the way in advertising HUGE QPF in last year's Boston blizzard.

Archived