BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
2nd Annual Snow Thread for the Mountains

Met1985

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep looks that way. I know people are scratching there heads over GSP and that snowfall map but they have to start somewhere. Better to trend up than down, People are lucky they have even came out with a map already.

Personally I am just glad to see them out with a map already! That surprised me.

No accumulation estimates yet but here is WYFF map that was just put out. Will be aired as a forecast tonight.

1654245_556290777801617_728118789_n.jpg

Thank you for the map.

Better make sure you get some sleep tonight gang! It's going to be a long next 48hrs!

Yep I am getting everything ready tomorrow. Lamps, wood, food, ect. This is going to be exciting watching unfold.

I can't lie it feels a little like December 23rd when your a kid.  I really hope this doesn't disappear, but with so much consistency it would really be hard to see that.

And then GFSSanta comes down the chimney, slaps you and says "You don't even get the coal , Weenie"........Sorry , that was the chicken talking. (Probably only Don will get the chicken reference.) 

This will be a good one. Everybody enjoy and remember that most of the time you enjoy the anticipation more than the event. Leaving tomorrow for some warmth so you guys post a lot of pics. Hope ya'll get plastered!

And then GSFSanta comes down the chimney, slaps you and says "You don't even get the coal , Weenie"........Sorry , that was the chicken talking. (Probably only Don will get that.)

This will be a good one. Everybody enjoy and remember that most of the time you enjoy the anticipation more than the event. Leaving tomorrow for some warmth so you guys post a lot of pics. Hope ya'll get plastered!

Lol good one Joe. Be safe and take lots of pics.

And then GFSSanta comes down the chimney, slaps you and says "You don't even get the coal , Weenie"........Sorry , that was the chicken talking. (Probably only Don will get the chicken reference.) 

This will be a good one. Everybody enjoy and remember that most of the time you enjoy the anticipation more than the event. Leaving tomorrow for some warmth so you guys post a lot of pics. Hope ya'll get plastered!

Hahaha thats great Joe!  I'll hit him with my nam and send him straight back to euro.

I might go with 2-6 inches for now :) I'm not really buying 6+ inches for now, but that's entirely possible depending on where the low track and if the cold air is still in place by that time.

I agree with you. There's still a lot of variability between models, so anything is possible. That said I think the way things are going tonight we'll be looking at 2-4 from the overrunning. Not necessarily what we were hoping for, but a nice event, nonetheless.

This mornings NAM pretty much folded to the EURO. This first wave is weak with some snow then a break then it looks like the second round at the end of the run is fixing to cut loose on the mountains. Temps stay below freezing for the entire event it looks like.

The euro was a big hit even with the low inland. 12z runs will be interesting.

Archived