Most Online
    BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
2nd Annual Snow Thread for the Mountains

Met1985

Where do you find the euro members?

I assume this is for KAVL?

On WeatherBell (you got to have membership) and yes. My bad!

Of course, it's known that Euro will count everything frozen (ZR, sleet, and snow) toward snow total using 10:1 ratio. These members are showing similar amounts to the ones we had few days before that 2-4 inches event back in January. 

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On another note, my mom is entering her final stages in her fight with cancer, I have had to put my life on hold the past 6 months to help take care of her (recent college graduate working with environmental education). Things have gotten really tough for my family and I, especially since my mom has been paralyzed for over a month. The bills are adding up and I have tried a donation site to try and help my family. I would greatly appreciate if you would just take a look at my story . http://www.gofundme.com/helpingkyle

On another note, my mom is entering her final stages in her fight with cancer, I have had to put my life on hold the past 6 months to help take care of her (recent college graduate working with environmental education). Things have gotten really tough for my family and I, especially since my mom has been paralyzed for over a month. The bills are adding up and I have tried a donation site to try and help my family. I would greatly appreciate if you would just take a look at my story . http://www.gofundme.com/helpingkyle

Prayers for you and your family man. Sorry to hear this man. My mom will start chemo the 25th of this month.  They are going to have to be very aggressive with it to give her a shot but she is getting pretty deppressed of late. Good luck and God bless brother.

Same here.  Prayers for you and your family.  So sorry to hear this.

Same here.  Prayers for you and your family.  So sorry to hear this.

Prayers for you and your family man. Sorry to hear this man. My mom will start chemo the 25th of this month.  They are going to have to be very aggressive with it to give her a shot but she is getting pretty deppressed of late. Good luck and God bless brother.

Thanks for the kind words guys, it has been like a nightmare that doesn't end the past few months, seeing my mom suffer like this has really taken a lot out of me.. I hope the chemo works met.. I am praying for you

Sorry to hear buddy I will keep ya in my prayers. I think your mom has a pretty good chance to see some snow next week

On to more cheerful topics..

12Z NAM drops more snow on my mtn top Monday night/Tuesday than it has received the entire season!

Could possibly be both SW and NE wind enhancement over the Balsams..and profiles would be cold enough for the entire event to be snow.

If we can get the GFS to turn around by this time tomorrow we could be game on for a classic Southern Appalachian snowstorm.  Fingers crossed.

Would be awesome to double the season snow totals in one fell swoop.

Both Wx South and Wx Risk throw out the 12 Z GFS in favor NAM or a NAM/Euro blend.

12Z Sunday runs should tell the final story.  Little concerned that this storm might be too much of a good thing and completedly shutdown access to the mtn top entirely for 10 days plus.  No plowing is done there..and too far to hike in through deep snow from the bottom. 

Both Wx South and Wx Risk throw out the 12 Z GFS in favor NAM or a NAM/Euro blend.

12Z Sunday runs should tell the final story.  Little concerned that this storm might be too much of a good thing and completedly shutdown access to the mtn top entirely for 10 days plus.  No plowing is done there..and too far to hike in through deep snow from the bottom. 

That sounds like a chase opportunity to me.  When you're retired, 2 days, 10 days, doesn't matter.  The current storm thread is the first I've ever pinned.  Looks like it might be a winner.

I'm going all in fellas!

I'm not quite ready to go all in just yet. Will watch the model runs on Sunday to be sure. My concern hinges on the GFS and how great it has been in our area recently, and more importantly, the last event.

However, if the models start coming into better alignment, it will be time to begin preparations.

That sounds like a chase opportunity to me.  When you're retired, 2 days, 10 days, doesn't matter.  The current storm thread is the first I've ever pinned.  Looks like it might be a winner.

So reading between the lines it sounds like your name will be green soon!? If so congrats & do a good job keeping the board & more importanly the SE forum the great place it is.

Ya barring any big setback from the models I really like our chances for a decent snow. not going with a foot plus yet for us but defiantly could be 4-8 inches it seems. Would really like to see the GFS come around but hey it is the outlier here with the Euro, NAM, and the CMC all showing good hits across NC.

NWS snow map places ground zero over the Plott Balsams..very nice! :sled:  :sled:

18 Z NAM dumps like 1.7" QPF-if verifies....so far appears to be an outliar solution but who knows.  NAM has been underestimating QPF for the SW mtns all season long for the higher elevations.

post-9361-0-46989000-1391894285_thumb.pn

NWS snow map places ground zero over the Plott Balsams..very nice! :sled:  :sled:

18 Z NAM dumps like 1.7" QPF-if verifies....so far appears to be an outliar solution but who knows.  NAM has been underestimating QPF for the SW mtns all season long for the higher elevations.

Wow have not thought of that Mike. It has been underestimating QPF. But shoot you cut that in half and that is still not bad.

Archived