BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
2nd Annual Snow Thread for the Mountains

Met1985

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's a paste bomb? As a teacher, I've seen it happen in Kindergarten classes many times during arts and crafts

heavy wet snow. Its where you are straddling the line of most qpf but close on temps. Usually a 33 or 34 degree snow that has a high water content that sticks to everything.

If we're talking about that second band right over the border, it doesn't look as though it's going to make it over the mountains...right?

So far, that is correct.  The band should die an awful death at the state line.  At least according to the RAP, which as we know, has been rather stellar today with the snow forecast.  I see no reason to deviate from its solutions.

EDIT: In fact, the RAP indicates that TN band won't live anywhere past 10pm EST.  Let's see how it goes.

So far, that is correct.  The band should die an awful death at the state line.  At least according to the RAP, which as we know, has been rather stellar today with the snow forecast.  I see no reason to deviate from its solutions.

I agree. You can already see the western escarpment eating it alive. It's also shrinking by the minute. Maybe, just maybe, it'll hang on long enough for some spill over on the border counties. 'Bout time we put this one to bed but it's been a fun day. I can't wait to see some pictures and footage of the destruction down east in the morning. It's been fun to see their excitement and anticipation. I know that feeling well and I love it.  :snowing:

Fascinating.  The RAP insists it should be over by 9pm already!  Clearly this has generated some dynamical forcing of its own for a while.   I still don't expect it to reach AVL.

Yep it is really coming down here. Looks like we are seeing some of the heaviest snow we have seen all day right know. The radar returns are looking very healthy for the boarder counties.

Fascinating.  The RAP insists it should be over by 9pm already!  Clearly this has generated some dynamical forcing of its own for a while.   I still don't expect it to reach AVL.

Yep it is really coming down here. Looks like we are seeing some of the heaviest snow we have seen all day right know. The radar returns are looking very healthy for the boarder counties.

Get that down our way now!

Archived