Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
2nd Annual Snow Thread for the Mountains

Met1985

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ahh, its in utc?

It's confusing to me as well.  If I understand it correctly.  13Z would be 1PM London time.  Subtract 5 hours = 8AM. 

This done on military time so when-ever you see a number greater than 12, subtract 12.  0600 = 6AM.  1000 = 10 AM.  1300 (13-12) = 1 PM.  2000 (20-12) = 8PM.  Hope that helps.

The RAP seems to have the Plott Balsams at ground zero..maybe 9"?  

Ha.  We shall see. 

Haha I wouldn't take it at face value but I am sure you know that ha.  It will be interesting to see if it verifies though!  This is the type of storm that your property cashes in on so I look forward to hearing some obs.

UNC Asheville cancelled classes for the day, calling it a surprise snow. It's snowing somewhat good here.

Surprise?!  It has been in the cards for days now. Only thing is that it wasn't broadcast by media, social media, or NWS GSP.  So it looks like a "surprise."  Given all our communication methods of today, it's amazing how stuff like this still happens.

Surprise?!  It has been in the cards for days now. Only thing is that it wasn't broadcast by media, social media, or NWS GSP.  So it looks like a "surprise."  Given all our communication methods of today, it's amazing how stuff like this still happens.

It's frustrating, isn't it? UNCA pulling the plug on the day when it started to snow tells me that they have no confident in the forecast.

That is so true...You know if I depended on the news media for any severe weather, I would be ill-prepared and possibly in a dangerous situation at times.  Like the rest of you all, I've been looking at every model and map since last Friday...the globals as well as the outliers.  The gradual NW shift and degrees of intensity that this storm has taken doesn't surprise me at all.  If I were in a position to inform the public on a mass scale, I think I would try to be as informed as possible.  Rant over...back to watching it snow 

Archived