BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
2nd Annual Snow Thread for the Mountains

Met1985

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I'm really liking tracker's idea of 2"-4" with locally heavier amounts of course. Definitely going to be an interesting day across the high country tomorrow. Gonna be a lot of surprises in store for most I feel.

Ya I think your last sentence sums it up pretty much. I know a lot of people I have been talking to this evening don't even know it is going to snow because the local weather here has not been on the ball even if GSP has not put anything out yet.

Ya I think your last sentence sums it up pretty much. I know a lot of people I have been talking to this evening don't even know it is going to snow because the local her has not been on the ball even if GSP has not put anything out yet.

Agreed. I was about to throw in the towel earlier, but the models have been really aggressive with the overrunning recently. It will be interesting to see how GSP responds.

Ya I think it is just a matter of time before it reaches the ground for yall.

Snowing on the mtn this morning as well.

Since snow has actually materialized..bodes well for the rest of the day. The wind field today suggests some enhancement possible in the Balsams mtns although would like to see stronger winds lower down than what will actually develop.  I think 2" is a lock..with an outside shot at 4".

Snowing on the mtn this morning as well.

Since snow has actually materialized..bodes well for the rest of the day. The wind field today suggests some enhancement possible in the Balsams mtns although would like to see stronger winds lower down than what will actually develop.  I think 2" is a lock..with an outside shot at 4".

Mike your mountain will do very well in this even coming from the south.

Mike your mountain will do very well in this even coming from the south.

It should be will it? Frick..a similar setup with rain absolutely unloads on the mtn top compared to other areas. (The mtn top has been the 1st or 2nd wettest location in NC each month since November...2nd wettest for the month of January..with a mtn top location in Southern Haywood the wettest.) 

DOT trying to scramble to get trucks out and start treating the roads. It is a mess out there. 

Kind of disappointing that they can more then handle the clippers but get blindsided by what could be a good storm.  I guess it was somewhat of a surprise, ha maybe they should read our thread more.

Buncombe County schools wait till 7:00 am to close. I can hear the buses dropping kids off in my neighborhood! :axe:

Thats what my mom was telling me, she happened to turn on the TV as she was walking out to go to the school.  Lots of people moving around in the city this morning.  Currently 17 degrees and moderate snow with roads covered.

Archived