BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
2nd Annual Snow Thread for the Mountains

Met1985

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Temps have risen overnight from 3 degrees to 13 degrees. Clouds have moves in and moisture looks decent.

11 up top...after freakish wind storm last night that purportedly sounded liked the roar of jet engine...perhaps the strongest wind storm of season.

Upstream radars look good for 1 to 2 inches this afternoon.

Not a flake here. Dry air just eating this thing up like a sponge.

Its coming Joe...Its just having a hard time getting over the immediate TN line mtns...The higher terrain to my north and west have been whited out for the past hour...I cant get past flurries/light snow here...Clouds are thickening though and quickly

Thinking of riding  to the mountains from the upstate to see snow today. Any suggestions on a good route or place to go? I was thinking Maggie Valley or Mars Hill but have one of the kids that detests riding in the car so I'm just not sure.

Took my son up to Wolf Ridge last night & about half way up the I-26 mnt the ground is white If you turn off @ the Wolf Laurel ex #2 there is snow on the ground to play in & it will fall up there today.

I know you guys are focused on the snowfall today but it looks like the 12z nam just got pretty real for us in the mountains.  Granted this is the nam, it will be interesting to see if the others catch its drift.  If so, I am pretty certain we will break that 1" slump at KAVL.

Yeah I saw that Tuesday storm transform from a coastal bomb to maybe WNC in the sweet spot...

WvDAMyE.png

Took my son up to Wolf Ridge last night & about half way up the I-26 mnt the ground is white If you turn off @ the Wolf Laurel ex #2 there is snow on the ground to play in & it will fall up there today.

Thinking of riding  to the mountains from the upstate to see snow today. Any suggestions on a good route or place to go? I was thinking Maggie Valley or Mars Hill but have one of the kids that detests riding in the car so I'm just not sure.

I can see the back side of Wolf Laurel from my house and it is snowing there now

Archived