• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
2nd Annual Snow Thread for the Mountains

Met1985

Hopefully it will make it down into the valley floors. It's convective looking which will cause it to pulse down just as fast as it pulses up. Check out the heavy dbz cell north of Nashville. 

Yeah that cell is really firing.  Looks to be some banding taking place on the Knoxville radar and another one firing near McMinnville.  This might be worthing staying up for to see how it pans out.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good catch guys looks like some nice banding taken place over in TN. The models I think are not really picking up on this energy very well. The NWS is covering all basis though having a chance of snow from tonight through Sunday here. I think a WWA could be issued for the mountain counties just to keep the public alert for these pieces of energy coming down. That band in TN looks to be gaining strength. Might surprise a few people tonight.

It looks to be filling in nicely now.  Maybe we can get a band 100 miles wide or so to form.  Meso's both north and south of Nashville currently.

Ya that's what I was talking about this morning. So much energy out West rotating down. The models are not really picking up on it. Just one of those things were you watch the radar and look outside. Temp here is down to 24 degrees with snow still on the ground.

I'm thinking about taking my wife and kids to the mountains this weekend to see a few flakes and maybe do some sledding. If we were on a west facing slope about 4,000 feet up in Zionville do you think we'd see much from these clippers coming through? Thanks in advance for any advice?

Were is that? If you are along the boarder you have a good shot at seeing some flakes.

I'm thinking about taking my wife and kids to the mountains this weekend to see a few flakes and maybe do some sledding. If we were on a west facing slope about 4,000 feet up in Zionville do you think we'd see much from these clippers coming through? Thanks in advance for any advice?

STSStormTotalSnow_web.png

Latest from Rays Weather

As we've been discussing here, we have a really cold period coming up:

http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/predictions/610day/610temp.new.gif

Unfortunately for snow lovers, the pattern also looks rather dry:

http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/predictions/610day/610prcp.new.gif

Considering that much cold is usually dry here, I don't think those probabilities look bad really.

Light snow falling here now

. Nice! We have snow falling here with some surfaces turning white. The wind is really ripping though. Also just to rant a bit. I am really tired of these crappy little systems that run up through here from the south. I mean can we not get a decent NW flow anymore? Also this upcoming cold snap I could care less about. Just give me a foot of snow.

. Nice! We have snow falling here with some surfaces turning white. The wind is really ripping though. Also just to rant a bit. I am really tired of these crappy little systems that run up through here from the south. I mean can we not get a decent NW flow anymore? Also this upcoming cold snap I could care less about. Just give me a foot of snow.

same here. Its been three years since we have had a foot. In fact thats the last time we had a gulf low give us snow.

Archived