• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
TWC broadcasing MJO/CCKW information

Hi guys,

I'm not sure if any of you watch TWC much, but we've started to include information about Kelvin waves and the MJO when forecasting for Atlantic tropical cyclone activity. I'm here to look for feed back on your thoughts with regards to this information. I'd like to hear your opinion. I'll create a thread after a few days and send it back to TWC hurricane experts directly.

Thanks in advance.

Hi guys,

I'm not sure if any of you watch TWC much, but we've started to include information about Kelvin waves and the MJO when forecasting for Atlantic tropical cyclone activity. I'm here to look for feed back on your thoughts with regards to this information. I'd like to hear your opinion. I'll create a thread after a few days and send it back to TWC hurricane experts directly.

Thanks in advance.

It is always a doubled edged sword with regard to that. I am sure TWC does audience surveys in regard to who their audience is, but at the end of the day, I would have to imagine that 90% of their audience have no clue what a Kelvin wave is or what the MJO represents.

It is always a doubled edged sword with regard to that. I am sure TWC does audience surveys in regard to who their audience is, but at the end of the day, I would have to imagine that 90% of their audience have no clue what a Kelvin wave is or what the MJO represents.

The only way that 90% wouldn't know would be because they aren't paying that much attention to it. I'm actually glad they are doing that now. I actually learned about it. Just my opinion though.

Archived