BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
CONTEST: Early August 6-9 Rainfall

wxmeddler

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 days ago the LWX Forecast Disco had the wording of rain throughout the week with the potential for flash flooding. If this event busts, I think every 5 day forecast done on Monday does also.

When I made my forecast WPC still had 2" over most of the area.. IAD was close to the line of less with a patch of more just northeast.  The GFS was starting to back off a bit, the Euro was around 1" in the area. 

My guess is the recent "wet and cool" patterns of the summer biased the forecasts to some degree.. tho I honestly didn't look at the models all that much before doing the forecast here.

should have used Elkins, I bet they have more rain than all 3 local airports combined lol :P

So far Elkins has .23 and all 3 airports combined right now have .15. Still a Epic Fail :lmao::axe:

Meanwhile, just 60 miles away.. there is a flash flood warning with radar estimated 3-4" in Adams and York co's.

1 more hour?

noon pretty early for a high.. might have been higher already anyway, tho clouds are moving in and no major breaks west.  i'd prob bet on a 91 or so over 90 at this pt.

Archived