Newest Member
    Monty
After a nice weekend, the ugly head of humidity and summer return

Avdave

• Replies 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply

88F today.  Plenty hot to me.

Typical absence of cloudiness here today, and then got the obligatory sprinkle storm this evening that never wet the ground

To hot for me too, if I haven't mentioned it enough even an "okay" summer here is a crappy one IMO. 

Looking forward to the first frost..

Had lunch outside today. Not bad if you aren't moving and are in a shaded area. Not going to fret about ~90 in late August. We had one swamp week and there's really nothing that can ruin this summer at this point.

Agree. Anytime the general population is calling average temps, "oppressively hot", you know you've had a good run.

Rooting for Dulles to finish August without a single 90-degree day.  Looking good right now!

Winchester's extended range (Accuwx) shows 87 for the 30th and 89 for the 31st.  There's a pretty good chance one of those days overperforms to reach 90 out here; I'd think Dulles would hit 90 in that event.  I hope I'm wrong, but I think Aug is going to finish with at least one 90.  Doesn't really matter, though; the first 4 days of Sep are progged to all be 90s.  Bummer.

Archived