Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
After a nice weekend, the ugly head of humidity and summer return

Avdave

• Replies 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had .30 overnight and yesterday evening, that broke the three day 'dry' spell of 8/15, 8/16 and 8/17. The last time we had three or more dry days was back in June with 6/21, 6/22, 6/23 and 6/24 reporting 0.00's. So far today picked up picked up 0.11 and temp. has zoomed all the way up to 66.8 from a low of 60.5.

Son just commented that the last 100+ days or so would be nice for winter, I agree. Average to slightly below temps. with 24+ inches of moisture? :)

72 or 73 with the midnight high. We are slowly rising now that the rain has stopped.

Ahh yeah oops.

Anyone see asparatus clouds today? Pretty sure they are but mainly west of here so not a great view.

Not to bring politics to the board, but I see that Peter Franchot is trying to get the start of the school year pushed back to post-Labor Day due to loss of tourism revenue. I'm so glad I'm not a little one now because it seems like the school year is starting far too early. A colleague of mine that works at an office in Indiana had to send her kid back on August 1st.

Back to weather.....while it was cool today, it seemed a bit muggy, so I left the A/C on during the second half of the day. I'm really not looking forward to the return to summer heat later this week.

Beautiful end to the day to end my girls summer break. First day of school tomorrow. :)

Not to bring politics to the board, but I see that Peter Franchot is trying to get the start of the school year pushed back to post-Labor Day due to loss of tourism revenue. I'm so glad I'm not a little one now because it seems like the school year is starting far too early. A colleague of mine that works at an office in Indiana had to send her kid back on August 1st.

Back to weather.....while it was cool today, it seemed a bit muggy, so I left the A/C on during the second half of the day. I'm really not looking forward to the return to summer heat later this week.

Back in Jersey when I grew up we always started the day or two after Labor Day.

Still only managed .01 in the bucket today. A/C has been on since I dont know when

Back in Jersey when I grew up we always started the day or two after Labor Day.

Still only managed .01 in the bucket today. A/C has been on since I dont know when

I grew up in Jersey, too. We went to school from the first or second week in September to the first or second week in June. I've always been puzzled by the school start and stop dates (and times) in this area.

Based on the latest forecasts I'd say that summer is more or less here tomorrow through at least the end of the month. Looks like we could/should be able to tack on a couple more 90+ highs this week.

Meh. Unless it's going to bring some nice storms bring on fall. I'm getting spoiled by the cool weather. 

Based on the latest forecasts I'd say that summer is more or less here tomorrow through at least the end of the month. Looks like we could/should be able to tack on a couple more 90+ highs this week.

YAY! I need some more pool time before summer ends

Archived