Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
After a nice weekend, the ugly head of humidity and summer return

Avdave

• Replies 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best VILs are north of me and headed your way.

Almost all the lightning appears to be on the north side too. Pity warning probably but mobile so hard to say much. Figures tho since I can't go out for photos..

A max of 89 at 2:59 pm when it was 84 at 2:52 pm...5 degree spike in 7 minutes!.... :rolleyes:

What is LST? Local Sidereal Time?...

They never switch for daylight saving for climo so it's 359 I guess.

Seems a bit dramatic...we have been plenty wet...unless being the wettest is your goal

Well it wouldn't be so bad if we had more rain in June & July.  Fair point that it's only 13 days but last month, I had 5 inches in 5 hours on July 11/12 and about an inch the rest of the month combined; similar story in June - one or two days of excessive rain and very few total days with rainfall.

My grass is brown anywhere the sprinklers don't reach.  To me, at least, it's felt like a dry summer because of the small number of days with measurable rainfall.  Lots of days like the last several with foggy, misty conditions that don't amount to anything, then high humidity and sun, etc.

My grass was much greener last summer.  Lots more pop-up storms, at least it seemed that way, and lots more regular summer showers.

I don't see how you could need rain. I'm hoping for about a week with none.

Everything is still nice and green, but in the last week we've gotten a total of about .4", despite multiple FFW events.  If we go a week without any rain, things will start getting brown here. 

edit to add that it is a gorgeous morning.  54F for the low.  Looking forward to the low 50s tonight; someone may be pull off an upper-40s low.

Archived