• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
NCEP Model page

Stinks right now after yesterday's changes....if anyone here happens to work there or may know someone on the tech side please pass along we need the keyboard looping capability back where you can click the arrows on your keyboard and advance back and forth, as of now you can only scroll through the model runs by clicking your mouse on the arrow up top and you cannot even go from day 1 to day 10 on the GFS without clicking the mouse 70 times.  Not sure why they made such an awful regression to the capability on the old page.  I was actually amazed to come on here and find there was not already a thread from people complaining about it.

It looks like they just re-constructed the terrible site that was up for quite awhile before the "crash" that happened around Christmas.

That crash was the best thing ever to happen to the NCEP site. Guess we can just wait for the next one? ;)

There used to be a sit online run by a meteorologist where he had the data and you could scroll through it effectively, better than on the NCEP site but when the crash occurred on 12/26 and they changed their links or sources slightly it no longer worked.

I miss the Raleigh Weather models.  I already pay for the AccuWx PPV, which, while slow (12Z Euro graphics shows up around 21Z) has a whole range of features to look at, world wide, and at 6 hour time increments.  And I just can't do two PPVs.

Cheesed me off, I did the Paypal donate to RaleighWx models just a few months before it went PPV.

Stinks right now after yesterday's changes....if anyone here happens to work there or may know someone on the tech side please pass along we need the keyboard looping capability back where you can click the arrows on your keyboard and advance back and forth, as of now you can only scroll through the model runs by clicking your mouse on the arrow up top and you cannot even go from day 1 to day 10 on the GFS without clicking the mouse 70 times.  Not sure why they made such an awful regression to the capability on the old page.  I was actually amazed to come on here and find there was not already a thread from people complaining about it.

Maybe trying the Contact Us/Website Questions link would get your comments right to the developers?

From http://mag.ncep.noaa.gov/docs/MAG_Planned_Updates.pdf

MAG URL PATH

Notice of Change
The MAG web site has changed the main path in its direct access urls. For customers that used to access images directly with a url for matted like this:

http://mag.ncep.noaa.gov/GemPakTier/MagGemPakImages/gfs/12/gfs_namer_015_250_wnd_ht.gif

The new direct image url is formatted like this:

http://mag.ncep.noaa.gov/data/gfs/12/gfs_namer_015_250_wnd_ht.gif

Notice /GemPakTier/MagGemPakImages is replaced with /data

Also from the older site: remove any references to /NCOMAGWEB/appcontroller

We have added entries in our server tables that automatically redirect requests using the old URLs (that contain GemPakTier/MagGemPakImages) to use the updated links. However, we cannot leave those entries in place indefinitely. We will remove those automatic redirections after 90 days (Tuesday, October 29, 2013). Customers should update their links by that date. Please let us know if there are any links that are not resolved by the redirection or that do not work with the new url path.

I had hoped that the current page that is now up was merely a transitional page. IMO, it is a step back from the post-crash page in terms of design. At the same time, it seems to up date much more slowly when the model is running.

I wish you could have a directory without the date name so you could hard link to the latest north american 4 panel maps without going through all the extra trouble to get to it each time.

If it runs faster I'll live with it though.

Archived