• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Christmas/Post Christmas Threat

Nikolai

I wonder why he is being negative about it so much? Seems like he thinks many of us are predicting a big snow when in fact most of us are thinking a nice 2-4 or 3-6 event. I suppose there are a few people who don't know that a miller b screws us mostly for big snows...I appreciate him reminding us of that I guess.

the issue may be further north.. i could see this going ots without much trouble.. though we have plenty of time for every solution known to man

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This event looks good, has what I would call very good model support and continuity, but the disappointment potential of this one is huge. Not because I don't think it will happen, because I do. But because it is Christmas, the added hope puts the potential very high. I know I am trying to not look ahead, and have the attitude to just take whatever comes, which, is really all we can do anyway.

But, I can't help being excited.

I wonder why he is being negative about it so much? Seems like he thinks many of us are predicting a big snow when in fact most of us are thinking a nice 2-4 or 3-6 event. I suppose there are a few people who don't know that a miller b screws us mostly for big snows...I appreciate him reminding us of that I guess.

I think we are golden. Risk is OTS up north as Ian said.

Guest someguy

the 18z GFS for RIC is a fooking nightmare and pretty bad for DCA as well

looking at the 132 to 144 hr RH fields and 850 temps

ric would get a smal periof od snow then rain then DRY slot

and its over

all the precup would break/ develop well N and W of RIC

the 18z GFS says it would be snowing in CHO and DCA before it ever reached ric

but like I said I dont have any love for the GFDS past 72 / 84 hrs and I never will... not with east coast snowstorms

I guarantee there will be a met somewhere...and I don't mean wiggum or vinylfreak...who will say that this solution is very believable and likely.It goes with the territory of having such a large audience...you are bound to find someone with an agreeing opinion.

He will probably be from Upstate NY or possibly from some area with zero connection to the storm who is just a model hugger.

Does Wiggum still post here?

Archived