Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Christmas/Post Christmas Threat

Nikolai

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone more edumacated than me want to chime in on how the radar and/or water vapor loop and possibly other obs are stacking up? Whether it looks good or bad for us doesn't really matter - just curious as to how it looks compared to model guidance and what someone's interprtetation of that might be.

18Z Ruc Initialization and then end result FWIW, if anything.

That's quite a potent vort heading south in the northern plains. I guess yesterday it just wasn't in good sampling region.

Out to 18 hours, it heads almost due south through Eastern KS and OK/AR. It would likely yield a good solution for the east coast. Need the trof axis parallel to lake Michigan with the H5/H7 low closing off SW of the region to have a good solution for us, for those looking and studying the 18Z and 0Z runs upcoming.

post-772-0-62323800-1293218447.gif

post-772-0-32967800-1293218463.gif

Anyone more edumacated than me want to chime in on how the radar and/or water vapor loop and possibly other obs are stacking up? Whether it looks good or bad for us doesn't really matter - just curious as to how it looks compared to model guidance and what someone's interprtetation of that might be.

I'm impressed with the MCL in Texas... cant wait to see when it hits the gulf coast tonight.

This is all quite stoopit.

Go to bed tonight, do the Christmas thing tomorrow, and look out your window starting tomorrow evening. If it's snowing, then we know it'll snow.

This post only applies to people who are not members of this board and don't live on the EC. For the rest of us......another 36 hours of hitting F5 every 2 minutes.

I was bold and stayed with snow this morning. Then upped it with the GFS. See my fb posts and models

More models coming on line with precip now for MD. I went 70% chance for Salisbury and Ocean City to get over 6" on Sunday. 2-4 + for Baltimore Sunday afternoon and overnight

162677_483669808475_54875673475_5781791_2505325_n.jpg

Good luck with your call.. Hopefully with get at least a couple of inches here in Baltimore..

The substitute caster for Topper on Washington Channel 9, who is pretty good, started off the 5 o.k. clock news saying maybe an inch in DC, but 2 to 4 or 3 to 6 on Eastern Shore. He then come back on, apparently after seeing the GFS, saying his estimates on Eastern Shore "may be doubled" and jury is still out west of the Bay. He then cautioned "a few more model runs to go" so everyone should stay aware but don't assume one way or another.

he did a very good job of laying everything out. Unlike Channel 7, which just said "out to sea" and didn't even hint at snow

The substitute caster for Topper on Washington Channel 9, who is pretty good, started off the 5 o.k. clock news saying maybe an inch in DC, but 2 to 4 or 3 to 6 on Eastern Shore. He then come back on, apparently after seeing the GFS, saying his estimates on Eastern Shore "may be doubled" and jury is still out west of the Bay. He then cautioned "a few more model runs to go" so everyone should stay aware but don't assume one way or another.

he did a very good job of laying everything out. Unlike Channel 7, which just said "out to sea" and didn't even hint at snow

Howard Berstein said this: "Howard says: "Eastern Shore looks to get it big. Still could miss us. Let's see some other models get on board."

Maybe those folks touting Jan 2000 are going to turn out right devilsmiley.gif

After every f'd up model run the past few days, I just say "January 25, 2000, January 25, 2000, January 25, 2000..............

I am not giving up on this until the bitter end....

Also, I have resisted prepping my snowblower, and so far we its worked. After all those consecutive EURO runs of epic blizzard, I was just about to gas it up and change the oil, but then the EURO Shat the bed.....Snowblower prep on hold.....

Archived