Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Christmas/Post Christmas Threat

Nikolai

3-5" is a gift considering the ENSO.

im tired of hearing that too

we got a 30 inch blizzard in a La Nina in 96...we got a 14 inch blizzard in a La Nina in 2000....In March 2001(i think that was an La Nina too, we almost got a 30 inch blizzard)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

im tired of hearing that too

we got a 30 inch blizzard in a La Nina in 96...we got a 14 inch blizzard in a La Nina in 2000....In March 2001(i think that was an La Nina too, we almost got a 30 inch blizzard)

I expect to see 10-15" total for this entire season, anything more is a bonus. Most of us dreaded this winter for a reason, since it's all downhill from the glory of Snowpocolypse and Snowmageddon.

Also remember, it is VERY rare for DC to have two consecutive snowy winters. Apart from the 1960s, and 1977-79, I'm not aware of it ever happening.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'd be thrilled with a 3-5" storm... we have a historic, once-in-a-lifetime winter last year and suddenly people are pissed that it isn't the new norm...

Its only December...

December is the best we can expect this year, but otherwise I agree. We may get 4" while NYC gets 14". So what? It's what Miller B's do.

And Ji is just being a troll.

I expect to see 10-15" total for this entire season, anything more is a bonus. Most of us dreaded this winter for a reason, since it's all downhill from the glory of Snowpocolypse and Snowmageddon.

Also remember, it is VERY rare for DC to have two consecutive snowy winters. Apart from the 1960s, and 1977-79, I'm not aware of it ever happening.

this winter was dreaded because it was suppose to be warm and dry with a bunch of lake cutters. its actually giving us rare opportunity that we need to seize

this winter was dreaded because it was suppose to be warm and dry with a bunch of lake cutters. its actually giving us rare opportunity that we need to seize

A 4" storm in a strong Nina is a gift. As for 1/25/00, never happening again.......

I hope the western suburbs of DC get dryslotted with 2" totals while northern MD manages 6-8".

A 4" storm in a strong Nina is a gift. As for 1/25/00, never happening again.......

I hope the western suburbs of DC get dryslotted with 2" totals while northern MD manages 6-8".

lol, they said the blizzard of 96 would never happen again and ive seen it 3 times since 2003

I'm no longer pessimistic about this winter. Blocking takes a short break in early Jan and then comes back. NAO just plain wants to stay negative. AO ridiculously negative. CFS shows a cold Feb. Snow on Xmas likely. December likely to be top 10 coldest (with no real arctic outbreaks!). Maybe there is no real torch this winter?

When the NAO relaxes after Jan 1 the real arctic air on the other side of the globe can slide over to our source region. NAO goes back negative and we get a real arctic outbreak that keeps Jan in neg departures. Cold Dec - Feb in a big Nina is at least possible at this point.

Sure, the odds are stacked against big dumps in the MA but maybe we get enough 2-4 or 3-5's and one bigger storm that brings totals above climo for the winter.

Look..the point of tonight's runs is this...we get snow, but we will get the least out of all the major areas. Accept this now and stop bitching about other areas getting more..it is what it is...they had to deal with it last year..and in some cases they got zero. Would you rather have 0 snow while they are getting feet or would you take 4 to 6 inches? It sucks, yeah..but just deal...a storm is a storm. It's La Nina and we gotta take what we can get.

Look..the point of tonight's runs is this...we get snow, but we will get the least out of all the major areas. Accept this now and stop bitching about other areas getting more..it is what it is...they had to deal with it last year..and in some cases they got zero. Would you rather have 0 snow while they are getting feet or would you take 4 to 6 inches? It sucks, yeah..but just deal...a storm is a storm. It's La Nina and we gotta take what we can get.

Right on the money, but if this thing can crank it up 50-100 miles south of where it is progged now........whoa. I'll take 4-6 in a HEARTBEAT though.

Right on the money, but if this thing can crank it up 50-100 miles south of where it is progged now........whoa. I'll take 4-6 in a HEARTBEAT though.

DT seems to think the 50/50 low (Pig) is being weakened too quickly by the models, and thus the true solution will be much further south. If he's right about that we still have a shot at an HECS. Even a 3-6 inch event is certainly the most snow I can remember falling on christmas.

One thing you never, ever want in your entire life - Is to be in the jackpot five days out,

South MidAtl looks to get hit but good (so far) ---- And Guess What?

We're five days out from Christmas. Ouch!!

G-D I hope I am WRONG ------ But I feel an I-Told-You-So coming on......................

Now New England........Someone farts in Fort Kent - They get a snowstorm and the plows are called out. New England can be in the jackpot five days out and they are sure as death and taxes - They'll have plenty of snow, even by New England standards.

But the Mid Atlantic - especially the SOUTHERN Mid Atlantic - Dale City Virginia where I live - I won't see much, I'll see five FLURRIES then a dryslot and I will like it.

All because I'm in the jackpot FIVE DAYS OUT. The Ontario involvement that HM alluded to in the model thread WILL kick in and see to that.

Archived