Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
June 21-27 Severe Weather

Chicago Storm

• Replies 951
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because the earlier SPC disco re: the ongoing MCS mentioned clearing and destabilization across N. IL which very much wasn't the case. Try to keep up.

VISIBLE SATELLITE   IMAGERY INDICATED POTENTIAL FOR SURFACE HEATING OVER NRN IL AND   TEMPERATURES ARE ALREADY RISING PER TRENDS IN SURFACE OBSERVATIONS.

They didn't say anything about clearing, they just indicated potential for surface heating. Maybe you should try and keep up with what was actually said.

Confidence in anything decent around here beyond this morning should be low. Especially with it closing in on 9AM and widespread MCS debris all of the way back into E. NE/S. MN.

Cloud tops warming over iowa and starting to clean out a bit in spots...I know you didn't say NO chance...so not an argument there...but I think things can clean out pretty good by noon ish ... time will tell if we have been worked over too much by that point though

With a boundary this close to so many of our posters in IL and IN, and the early morning hour I am not concerned for this evening's potential. A number of my more powerful storms have come later in the day after morning MCS storms or debris have moved out and destabilization was then able to occur.  Thousands are still without power here in Elkhart county from last evening's storms but my lights only flickered.  Wonder what today and tomorrow will bring as they look to be the best scenario for t storms for Michiana we have had all season.

Cloud tops warming over iowa and starting to clean out a bit in spots...I know you didn't say NO chance...so not an argument there...but I think things can clean out pretty good by noon ish ... time will tell if we have been worked over too much by that point though

Yeah Iowa isn't looking too bad and this current lightweight MCS isn't doing too much to work over the atmosphere, so recovery shouldn't be too hard.

Yeah Iowa isn't looking too bad and this current lightweight MCS isn't doing too much to work over the atmosphere, so recovery shouldn't be too hard.

yeah...looks like we just had to wait for the jet to subside a little bit...will be interesting to watch the trends.  if anything, this minor MCS here this morning may help to move things along faster by it gaining a little strength

Thousands are still without power here in Elkhart county from last evening's storms but my lights only flickered.

Power out upon arrival at work this morning in Elmhurst. Current ComEd estimate to restore is late Wednesday evening.

Have not seen any sun yet this morning.

Just hit northern Naperville almost simultaneously with the warning hitting my weather radio. Trees were swaying real good, and a few twigs came off, but no obvious significant damage outside my apartment window.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Archived