Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
2013 New England Severe General Discussion

Quincy

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some sporadic severe would be more the character I would expect, that ...and a lot of water!  High PWATs in a linear wind shear suggest training of heavy rain showers/thunder.  

This kind of reminds me of one of those Bahama Express patterns you get in later summer

Lots of rumbling going on here and I have no idea how..since there's no cells anywhere close..but tons of thunder

Thunder from c/c lightning traveling through the particle-filled clouds can travel a long way.   Storms aren't much further than 15 mi to your W.

Everyone probably sees some amount of rain today. I've been SW winds for awhile now. Got up near 77 here in southie and the DP has risen much since we changed from the E winds. There's even some SBCAPE around.

I don't see why these storms/showers wouldn't push east.

They will push east eventually but probably not until later this evening when that trough/cold front start sliding east more.  

Someone around that 91 stretch between New Haven-Hartford could see a lot of training. Maybe even Kevin does well. That's a lot of heavy rain lining up.

Curiously, it seems the the band has backed westward a bit in the last half hour, bringing heavier rains back into my neck of the woods. Not the insant rates I had at the beginning, but decent .2-.3/hr rates aren't too shabby over time.

Curiously, it seems the the band has backed westward a bit in the last half hour, bringing heavier rains back into my neck of the woods. Not the insant amounts and the beginning, but decent .2-.3/hr rates aren't too shabby over time.

Hey Mike!

Nice shot of Times Sq. here in the downpours moving through NYC and Manhattan. 

2uqngxu.png

Hey Mike!

Nice shot of Times Sq. here in the downpours moving through NYC and Manhattan. 

2uqngxu.png

I can't imagine how bad the traffic must be with this. Add rain to the mix from lower Fairfiled through New Brunswick, NJ and it's like the entire population has forgotten how to drive.

Emily told me you're transferring to Merrimack? Too much jonesing for snow?

My favorite parameter is lacking today : ML lapse rates. We never have impressive svr without it. Best lapse rates are already offshore. Just a flooding threat today, typical spring storms.

yeah it's always hard to get good svr w/o those steep mid level lapse rates...they can be overcome but this isn't the setup to do so

My favorite parameter is lacking today : ML lapse rates. We never have impressive svr without it. Best lapse rates are already offshore. Just a flooding threat today, typical spring storms.

instability blows.  Best alignment of overall instability (cape, li), ml lapse-rates and shear seems to be over N and NE MA to SNH.  little pocket of 1500j sbcape in that area, too.

cbsig.gif?1369338967422

Archived