Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
2013 New England Severe General Discussion

Quincy

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The NW Mass "mcs" is just now crossing the BD interface ... next 30 minutes will be interesting.  Can see occasional CC, distantly here. 

00z NAM has backed off the warmth for eastern zone tomorrow.  All this junk convection combined with thick boundary layer cold tuck, thinking more pessimistic but we'll see. 

Rushed up to Litchfield County after the Tornado Warning expired (stuck at the station) and managed to intercept a few storms.

The highlight was 0.5" diameter hail in Litchfield. It was starting to cover the road and dinged up the paint on my car a bit. Estimated max hail size was 0.75".

Can only get online through my phone, so will have more info/footage posted tomorrow. Not too crazy, but the biggest hail I've seen yet.

Rushed up to Litchfield County after the Tornado Warning expired (stuck at the station) and managed to intercept a few storms.

The highlight was 0.5" diameter hail in Litchfield. It was starting to cover the road and dinged up the paint on my car a bit. Estimated max hail size was 0.75".

Can only get online through my phone, so will have more info/footage posted tomorrow. Not too crazy, but the biggest hail I've seen yet.

Nice job!  Good warm-up.

Wonder if I can get a good storm here with temps in the upper 40s. Still some decent elevated CAPE despite the freezing sfc temps.

Do you have any knowledge in dealing with "ground clutter" on radar?  I'm asking because those 'false echoes' started moving NE like they were wind, and am wondering if the shallow cold is being currently overrun by a bit of a 850 jet. 

Archived