Newest Member
    Monty
2013 New England Severe General Discussion

Quincy

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cold front punching into NE CT ...  knocking on Kevin's back door

Yep. A noticeable change in the temp here to say the least.

Was in Brooklyn around 6 tonight. Saw buckets of rain, rapid streams on the sides of the road, frequent CG lightning, and some pea sized hail. Drove a few miles away, literally, and it was bone dry. 

Down to 55º at home now, down from a high of way to frickin high for May.

This line weakening quickly as it moves E. What looked like 40+dbz returns to the W are just sprinkles as they reach Greenfield. Not a single flash or rumble yet.

Most of the cells seem fairly discrete and there's not much punch to move them along.  Terrain is probably aiding in them hanging up in the Berks.

I saw this photo, posted by Steve LaPointe of WRGB on his Facebook page.  

post-207-0-84366300-1369185857_thumb.jpg

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=537224712982845&set=a.216589778379675.51978.216538205051499&type=1&relevant_count=1

It was taken by a Brett Boyles, in Stuyvesant Falls, Columbia County, New York.  I know it's not technically New England, but it's close by so I think it's worth posting. This definitely looks like a funnel to me.

Tough decision lol.. if I take 91 N its gonna definitely make for a long ride if this thing fizzles. Oh well. Worst case I turn onto 90E. I should be able to tell what its going to do once I hit 90 junction anyways I would guess.

This is tough...instability outside of W MA/W CT is nada, however, there is a great deal of MUcape...lapse rates are still steep so while convection may become elevated, it would pose a threat for hail

I saw this photo, posted by Steve LaPointe of WRGB on his Facebook page.  

attachicon.gif5-21-suyvesaNT FALLS.jpg

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=537224712982845&set=a.216589778379675.51978.216538205051499&type=1&relevant_count=1

It was taken by a Brett Boyles, in Stuyvesant Falls, Columbia County, New York.  I know it's not technically New England, but it's close by so I think it's worth posting. This definitely looks like a funnel to me.

Camera manufactures spend 15 years developing sensors that can take smooth noise-free photos.

One company shows up and makes adding obnoxious levels of noise trendy.

lolz.

Camera manufactures spend 15 years developing sensors that can take smooth noise-free photos.

One company shows up and makes adding obnoxious levels of noise trendy.

lolz.

Agreed.  As a photographer, I really, really hate "Instagramification."  If I had access to the original, I would have posted it.

That does look like a funnel...and a wall cloud base on either side of it. Pic isn't great, but from what is shown there, it looks like a condensation funnel.

Was just going to say .. much more convincing than the earlier image.  Though photos suck for this.  Since the invention of video ...

Archived