• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
2013 New England Severe General Discussion

Quincy

I actually just looked at the euro on Wunderground, and it almost does something similar. Perhaps that may be the case. Maybe it's just one of those deals where winds are SE and then perhaps go 09012kts or something is this pulse is correct.

Look up in NYS... That's an impressive line of storms that seems to be merging... wondering if that may just be a way to get this turned around, with an MCS outflow smashing through the column.  

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's neither.   That has "some" subtle semblance of a "beaver's tail", but it does not appear to be connected to a wall cloud.  It's probably just unusually low hanging roll cloud along an outflow, due to high DPs and low LCLs

I don't know.  I think that may be a wall cloud.  It appears to be connected to the base of the storm, has a very solid appearance, and it is sloping towards the rain.  

It's neither. That has "some" subtle semblance of a "beaver's tail", but it does not appear to be connected to a wall cloud. It's probably just unusually low hanging roll cloud along an outflow, due to high DPs and low LCLs

I will, of course, defer to your experience.

I thought the wall cloud might be plausible given the rain-free, sunny area to the left, and the downdraft to the right, plus the "tail" is oriented in a direction that would make sense in viewing a supercell from the south looking north. Also, there was pretty strong rotation in this location at the time that the photo was taken. No matter what, I consider it a nice picture. :)

There's a long track supercell currently in upstate NY.  It is discontinuously connected to deepening convection trends in a N-S axis in that area.   I am wondering if we might see a bit of MCS organization with that.  

Any more thoughts on this?  Looks like a good candidate for an ese moving MCS.

I will, of course, defer to your experience.

I thought the wall cloud might be plausible given the rain-free, sunny area to the left, and the downdraft to the right, plus the "tail" is oriented in a direction that would make sense in viewing a supercell from the south looking north. Also, there was pretty strong rotation in this location at the time that the photo was taken. No matter what, I consider it a nice picture. :)

Yeah, no I should be fair and say that there might not be enough in this photo to make a certain observation.  But I don't see much rotation there.  There could be some in the cloud aloft, overhead, and it would be useful to see what's going on the left beyond the edge of the image. 

Archived