Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
2013 New England Severe General Discussion

Quincy

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think that weak backdoor just tickled thru here. Winds changed to SE now and dew is down to 65. Thankfully right back north overnight

No ..not yet.  You have variable wind there amid a meso pool of convection processed air.  The BDF is just to your NE however.  Also, it seems to have more momentum then modeled.  If we were going to get this turned around to a SW flow by 2 am in central Ma, we should be going calm by now, but the trees are swaying and the flags are pointing.  

The 18z NAM tries to BD eastern Mass again tomorrow. 

No ..not yet. You have variable wind there amid a meso pool of convection processed air. The BDF is just to your NE however. Also, it seems to have more momentum then modeled. If we were going to get this turned around to a SW flow by 2 am in central Ma, we should be going calm by now, but the trees are swaying and the flags are pointing.

Glad we don't live there

No ..not yet.  You have variable wind there amid a meso pool of convection processed air.  The BDF is just to your NE however.  Also, it seems to have more momentum then modeled.  If we were going to get this turned around to a SW flow by 2 am in central Ma, we should be going calm by now, but the trees are swaying and the flags are pointing.  

BOS is screwed...I told my friend that today. Maybe I will be wrong, but tough to get a turnaround that quick with this airmass now firmly entrenched. However, maybe a 5-6pm Tip temp bounce for the terminal?

That's what I'm worried about and why I am down about warmth here locally. The NAM makes you think warmth, but also climo is in the back of my mind.

Right -- and now the 18z NAM is BD Logan on the FRH grid between 18z and 00z tomorrow evening.  That's new.  And, it might be that it's starting to see this air for what it is. 

BOS is screwed...I told my friend that today. Maybe I will be wrong, but tough to get a turnaround that quick with this airmass now firmly entrenched. However, maybe a 5-6pm Tip temp bounce for the terminal?

It looks opposite of that on this NAM run ... not that it is the be-all of what's going to happen.  But it has a NE drift at 8am, a SW wind at 18z and a temp that nearing 86, then it's back around to ENE and down to 15C by 00z -- so not the same push, but it's like the boundary sags back S along the coast.  

It does have nearly .5 in convective QPF though, so it could be meso processing and outflow drilling the boundary back S along the Coastal Plain. 

It looks opposite of that on this NAM run ... not that it is the be-all of what's going to happen.  But it has a NE drift at 8am, a SW wind at 18z and a temp that nearing 86, then it's back around to ENE and down to 15C by 00z -- so not the same push, but it's like the boundary sags back S along the coast.  

It does have nearly .5 in convective QPF though, so it could be meso processing and outflow drilling the boundary back S along the Coastal Plain. 

I actually just looked at the euro on Wunderground, and it almost does something similar. Perhaps that may be the case. Maybe it's just one of those deals where winds are SE and then perhaps go 09012kts or something is this pulse is correct.

I knew you'd like that! :)

Kind of annoying that everyone is calling that a tornado, though. Looks more like a wall cloud.

--Jaine

It's neither.   That has "some" subtle semblance of a "beaver's tail", but it does not appear to be connected to a wall cloud.  It's probably just unusually low hanging roll cloud along an outflow, due to high DPs and low LCLs

Archived