Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
2013 New England Severe General Discussion

Quincy

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's been enough deep convection persisting to have generated a cold pool that is probably adding to BD momentum to some degree. 

Also, it's windy here.  Really... trees as whipping around in NE wind gust over 20kts, and though the sky is pretty opaque with this overcast, what definition can be made reveals that the cloud level ...1200, give or take, is moving WSW at a fast clip.  This air mass is dense, heavy, and momentous, and I am beginning to wonder if the models are two optimistic with how quickly this turns around heading into tomorrow.  Also, don't be shocked if this busts farther SW than you think, when combining meso high production with BD.  

It will be interesting to see how this all works out.

There's been enough deep convection persisting to have generated a cold pool that is probably adding to BD momentum to some degree. 

Also, it's windy here.  Really... trees as whipping around in NE wind gust over 20kts, and though the sky is pretty opaque with this overcast, what definition can be made reveals that the cloud level ...1200, give or take, is moving WSW at a fast clip.  This air mass is dense, heavy, and momentous, and I am beginning to wonder if the models are two optimistic with how quickly this turns around heading into tomorrow.  Also, don't be shocked if this busts farther SW than you think, when combining meso high production with BD.  

It will be interesting to see how this all works out.

That's what I'm worried about and why I am down about warmth here locally. The NAM makes you think warmth, but also climo is in the back of my mind.

Archived