Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
Mid May cold snap

Ginx snewx

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GFS has KBOS 39, 36, 35 Euro 41, 39, 38 Mon Tues Wed

What is that based on? The GFS 2m temps are like 43, 40, 39 for BOS...and 39, 36, 35 for ORH...your GFS temps sound like ORH and not BOS. GFS MOS is warmer than the 2m temps so it can't be that either.

35 for BOS would be an easy record. But there's almost no chance it gets that low.

What is that based on? The GFS 2m temps are like 43, 40, 39 for BOS...and 39, 36, 35 for ORH...your GFS temps sound like ORH and not BOS. GFS MOS is warmer than the 2m temps so it can't be that either.

35 for BOS would be an easy record. But there's almost no chance it gets that low.

Computer printout from Meteostar, 

69 Tue 05/14 09Z 36 

I def think some of the rad spots could surprise us, but a place like BOS I would def stay more on the warmer side...prob low 40s there.

Yep, close but no cigar . Surprised to see the models colder for Wed Am now with heights rising  but it is much calmer. Very low dews may prevent frost, might be just freezes in the favored spots and NNE

.SHORT TERM /7 PM THIS EVENING THROUGH TUESDAY/... AS OF 513 AM EDT SUNDAY...LAKE EFFECT PRECIPITATION BAND CONTINUES THROUGH THE OVERNIGHT. PRECIPITATION TYPE TRANSITIONS OVER TO LIGHT SNOW SHOWERS IN THE NORTHERN ADIRONDACKS. THE BAND IS EXPECTED TO PIVOT SOUTHWARD OVERNIGHT AS 850-700MB FLOW BECOMES MORE WEST-NORTHWESTERLY. LINGERING SNOW SHOWERS GRADUALLY DISSIPATE BY MONDAY WITH ANY SNOW ACCUMULATION AMOUNTING TO LESS THAN AN INCH HOWEVER.

THE OTHER CONCERN FOR TONIGHT IS FOR SCATTERED AREAS OF PATCHY FROST IN THE CHAMPLAIN VALLEY WHERE THE GROWING SEASON IS UNDERWAY. LOW TEMPERATURES TONIGHT DROP INTO THE 30S WHICH WOULD WARRANT FROST HEADLINES BUT WITH THE WINDS STAYING UP OVERNIGHT HAVE NOT OPTED TO ISSUE ANY HEADLINES AT THIS TIME AS THE WINDS SHOULD ACT TO LIMIT COVERAGE OF FROST THAT DOES DEVELOP. HOWEVER...I DID ISSUE A SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENT TO RAISE AWARENESS OF FROST POTENTIAL TONIGHT IN THE CHAMPLAIN VALLEY. CONDITIONS DO BECOME MORE FAVORABLE FOR FROST DEVELOPMENT MONDAY NIGHT AS HIGH PRESSURE ESTABLISHES ITSELF OVER THE NORTH COUNTRY RESULTING IN LIGHT SFC WINDS AND CLEAR SKIES.

HIGHS MONDAY LOOK TO TOP OUT IN THE UPPER 40S TO LOWER 50S. MOSTLY SUNNY SKIES ON TUESDAY ALONG WITH 850 MB TEMPERATURES WARMING TO -1C SHOULD ALLOW HIGHS TO REACH BACK INTO THE MID 50S TO LOWER 60S.

.SHORT TERM /7 PM THIS EVENING THROUGH TUESDAY/... AS OF 513 AM EDT SUNDAY...LAKE EFFECT PRECIPITATION BAND CONTINUES THROUGH THE OVERNIGHT. PRECIPITATION TYPE TRANSITIONS OVER TO LIGHT SNOW SHOWERS IN THE NORTHERN ADIRONDACKS. THE BAND IS EXPECTED TO PIVOT SOUTHWARD OVERNIGHT AS 850-700MB FLOW BECOMES MORE WEST-NORTHWESTERLY. LINGERING SNOW SHOWERS GRADUALLY DISSIPATE BY MONDAY WITH ANY SNOW ACCUMULATION AMOUNTING TO LESS THAN AN INCH HOWEVER.

THE OTHER CONCERN FOR TONIGHT IS FOR SCATTERED AREAS OF PATCHY FROST IN THE CHAMPLAIN VALLEY WHERE THE GROWING SEASON IS UNDERWAY. LOW TEMPERATURES TONIGHT DROP INTO THE 30S WHICH WOULD WARRANT FROST HEADLINES BUT WITH THE WINDS STAYING UP OVERNIGHT HAVE NOT OPTED TO ISSUE ANY HEADLINES AT THIS TIME AS THE WINDS SHOULD ACT TO LIMIT COVERAGE OF FROST THAT DOES DEVELOP. HOWEVER...I DID ISSUE A SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENT TO RAISE AWARENESS OF FROST POTENTIAL TONIGHT IN THE CHAMPLAIN VALLEY. CONDITIONS DO BECOME MORE FAVORABLE FOR FROST DEVELOPMENT MONDAY NIGHT AS HIGH PRESSURE ESTABLISHES ITSELF OVER THE NORTH COUNTRY RESULTING IN LIGHT SFC WINDS AND CLEAR SKIES.

HIGHS MONDAY LOOK TO TOP OUT IN THE UPPER 40S TO LOWER 50S. MOSTLY SUNNY SKIES ON TUESDAY ALONG WITH 850 MB TEMPERATURES WARMING TO -1C SHOULD ALLOW HIGHS TO REACH BACK INTO THE MID 50S TO LOWER 60S.

It is hard to say if any of those snow showers will make it to the Greens. We shall see.

It is hard to say if any of those snow showers will make it to the Greens. We shall see.

Experience tells me there will be at least flurries over the summits. If any better moisture from the lake effect axis gets mixed in, some local mountain may get dusted white up high.

Down to 38.8 here....no rad cooling due to the wind, but that should change tonight. MET and MAV both have 28 for CON tomorrow morning. I think Ginx posted the record as being 26 so it could be close...especially if we start to decouple right at sunset and stay calm throughout the night.

So far so meh. Cold spilled too far west to overy impress us in ne.

I have 45 with 20mph winds and ovc skies right now...not meh to me for a cP airmass in mid May. I know this isn't how BOS threatens low records this time of year, but the interior will be cold the next 2 nights.

got frostbite last night... low of 45

24F currently with winds sustained in the 40s, gusting near 60mph at work on Mansfield. Wind chill near zero probably putting work on the upper reaches of the Auto Toll Road on hold for the day.

Frostbite potential in the higher terrain today.

Not as bad as the 19F on top of the Whiteface Auto Road and 14F on top of MWN. Wind chills below zero at those locations.

Hit 39.8 here . With wind was cold and certainly not welcomed or necessary in Mid May, thankfully tomorrow afternoon the warmup commences

Yeah looks really nice later this week. Good to have a dose of reality once in a while...had an amazing stretch of weather so if the price is a few chilly days its not that bad. It'll warm up quickly.

Archived