Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
May 2013 Obs/Banter/Complaining/Sarcasm

Ellinwood

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People can comment however they want.

Ok,  I think the weather the past two days has sucked and didn't like the weather much last week when we were in the drizzle period.  Yeah, that happens in spring but that doesn't mean I have to like it.  Makes golfing and fishing messy and cold at best. 

Ok,  I think the weather the past two days has sucked and didn't like the weather much last week when we were in the drizzle period.  Yeah, that happens in spring but that doesn't mean I have to like it.  Makes golfing and fishing messy and cold at best. 

Heavier rain, and some thunder - that would make it more interesting!

I feel like now that Wes has said this I can duck out from cover and say...I agree.

I feel like now that Wes has said this I can duck out from cover and say...I agree.

Bellyachers...

I was complaining about it before Wes made it fashionable to do so. :)

Most people like Wes more than you, so it's more acceptable :P

Pouring here.

As for opinions, it is absolutely correct that a person gets to like what they want.  As for me?  I'll take absolutely any weather, anything, over 95 degree heat.  Nothing, in my opinion, is worse than heat.  Nothing.  So, in conclusion, our weather this spring has been perfect.

This is a real wet pattern for the east slopes of the mountains.  The upper low and deep easterly component can cause significant rains in the warm season.  That's why the nws has a watch for much of southwest Va.  As much rain as you might get with this storm, it's a good thing it's not late June as the pattern isn't too different from June 23, 1995 except that in late June the PWs are higher so there is more moisture to work with.   The June 23 event had an earthen dam fail.  It's one of those events that is etched into my brain.

I didn't get nearly as much IMBY compared to a lot of the reports in the surrounding area. This stuff seems to be dependent on location and the typical upslope enhanced areas always win in a SE/E flow. I ended up with 1.70" for my storm total.. Still may see some more from these showers and thunderstorms that have been blossoming up.

I didn't get nearly as much IMBY compared to a lot of the reports in the surrounding area. This stuff seems to be dependent on location and the typical upslope enhanced areas always win in a SE/E flow. I ended up with 1.70" for my storm total.. Still may see some more from these showers and thunderstorms that have been blossoming up.

And here is a classic example of that. When I got home the CoCoRaHS inner tube was full with about one inch in outer. I measured at 4 pm....1.78 since 7 am this morning. Already had 2.30 from yesterday, that is 4.08 for two day total. Needless to say the creeks and river are a'rocking! I have a 4200 mountain to my N and NW so a E to SE is always a win in precip totals for me.

Today wasn't remotely pleasant but I didn't find it to be cold really.. heard others say so.  65/60 is not super tropical but closer to that than cold IMO. 

Anyway we got some rain, so let's bring back the sun. ;)

Today wasn't remotely pleasant but I didn't find it to be cold really.. heard others say so.  65/60 is not super tropical but closer to that than cold IMO. 

Anyway we got some rain, so let's bring back the sun. ;)

Cold? No way.

Warmish rain - the best kind.

Archived