• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
The Lion's end to March banter and discussion, part deux!

Typhoon Tip

I think the fact I have somewhere near 75" and the 2 mega storms along with the overachiever last week...I think I give it an A. Maybe I'm just still living off the high of the last 6 weeks..but having two storms of that magnitude is extremely rare and boosts this up a notch IMHO. You could argue B+ since it was such a God awful start, but these last 6 weeks were special. That's a rare treat we went through.

Wire-to-wire is what would make it an A for me.  Average winter is a C.  This one falls in between with the 2 biggies.  B+.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wire-to-wire is what would make it an A for me.  Average winter is a C.  This one falls in between with the 2 biggies.  B+.

Yeah subjectivity in there no doubt. Just from a stat standpoint...would be tough to see two storms with those numbers here and I like the biggies, so that boosts it a bit for me. But, B+ to A or so..I think most in ern ma would agree. Maybe where Ray is the anomalies weren't as impressive. 

I think the fact I have somewhere near 75" and the 2 mega storms along with the overachiever last week...I think I give it an A. Maybe I'm just still living off the high of the last 6 weeks..but having two storms of that magnitude is extremely rare and boosts this up a notch IMHO. You could argue B+ since it was such a God awful start, but these last 6 weeks were special. That's a rare treat we went through.

60" or so plus the blizzard makes this winter an A- for me. We've seen more impressive stretches and depth in the recent past but the blizzard really carried this season. 

Well it's been a late winter run not seen in a long time. I checked out weeks ago and came back for the snow. Time t get as much work done as possible from now through thanksgiving.

+1

why I disappear from here (barring the freak F3 / hurricane) until November

i give winter a B to B+.  the 5-6 Dec rain storms really stunk and january had some awesome cold streaks but didn't produce much snow but feb and march are A++'s off the charts.  Luckily i was away for one of the dec rainstorms and was in vermont where i got 14 inches .....but those really really botherd me. i can take 2 or 3...but not like 5 in december. bootleg december for the CP. so for me it is more than just the finishing snowfall number which still for me trails 10-11 by 15 or so inches.  

Im just curios what someone in Central Maine will do outside this week to enjoy 40's and wind? I know he's got outdoor activities planned each day but I'd like to know specific ones so maybe we can do the same

Probably any outdoor activity that doesn't involve being inside on the computer monitoring tickles for storms that never *really* have a chance ;)

Honestly, I'm all for spring now too after this latest run.  Even 42F and sunny would be an awesome day with this snowpack and plenty of skiing left.  A week of 40s in the afternoon would fell warmer than low 60s do in late August.

Probably any outdoor activity that doesn't involve being inside on the computer monitoring tickles for storms that never *really* have a chance ;)

Honestly, I'm all for spring now too after this latest run.  Even 42F and sunny would be an awesome day with this snowpack and plenty of skiing left.  A week of 40s in the afternoon would fell warmer than low 60s do in late August.

:lol:  Won't waste my time wish casting storms in fantasy land, Any thing that falls now or in the next few weeks won't survive very long here anyways, The mtns still can retain it, And i know i can go up there to enjoy spring snows, Its been over here for quite some time, Days are longer, Moving into April, Its time to switch gears, I have no problems like some letting go

December is usually bootleg anyways on the coast, but this was bad. Still, we may not see a period like we had for many many years. The rarity of that boosts it up IMHO.

I feel like when you get it good, you get it good all at once... I'm sure it is rare to have these stretches but it seems to happen in recent history.  I mean what about Dec 25, 2010 through like early February 2011...there was an epic 6 week stretch in there with 3 big storms and massive snowpack all over SNE.  That was just 2 years ago.

For whatever reason, when you get one big one, you seem to get multiple big ones.  Like the mid-Atlantic in 09-10, or NNE in spring of 2007, or growing up I remember back to back two-footers in Albany within 10 days in '02-'03.   

When its time to switch seasons we all and will certainly do it. With the cold pattern locked in place for the next 2 weeks, its just not quite that time yet. But it is getting closer

yeah, it does not feel like spring yet, but it's coming.. hopefully no major rainstorms dumping 10" ++ like a couple of years ago.

When its time to switch seasons we all and will certainly do it. With the cold pattern locked in place for the next 2 weeks, its just not quite that time yet. But it is getting closer

I can understand how some are excited...a lot of people love the 51F weather after being 35F for a while...I think its repulsive though. I guess it helps keep my car warmer. Give me 65F+ or keep me in winter mode.

Personal preferences. With still great snow pack and a chance for a couple more events where I am, I will treat this period like it is still winter. If you are in the CT Valley or down in Bridgeport, CT...then I understand trying to get mud season overwith as quickly as possible.

:lol:  Won't waste my time wish casting storms in fantasy land, Any thing that falls now or in the next few weeks won't survive very long here anyways, The mtns still can retain it, And i know i can go up there to enjoy spring snows, Its been over here for quite some time, Days are longer, Moving into April, Its time to switch gears, I have no problems like some letting go

I couldn't have said it any better myself. I am actually looking forward to afternoon seabreezes, backyard cook outs, and thunderstorms that pop up out of nowhere.

Archived