• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
The Lion's end to March banter and discussion, part deux!

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is pretty funny:  Anyone see an inch of snow accumulating on 3/25 during the day with a temp near 40?

Snow likely, mainly after 2pm. Cloudy, with a high near 40. Breezy, with a northeast wind 11 to 16 mph increasing to 17 to 22 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 36 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Total daytime snow accumulation of around an inch possible.

WhAt spring time activities will you be indulging in this week? Yard work maybe? Planting anything? Golf?

You had an epic winter Kevin, absolutely epic, the last couple storms did not favor Mt Tolland but after 100+ inches of snow........its time to turn to baseball and river forecasting.  I will send you some pics of the snow falling later today!

You had an epic winter Kevin, absolutely epic, the last couple storms did not favor Mt Tolland but after 100+ inches of snow........its time to turn to baseball and river forecasting. I will send you some pics of the snow falling later today!

Im just curios what someone in Central Maine will do outside this week to enjoy 40's and wind? I know he's got outdoor activities planned each day but I'd like to know specific ones so maybe we can do the same

WhAt spring time activities will you be indulging in this week? Yard work maybe? Planting anything? Golf?

lol, Don't sound so bitter, Yard work has already started up here in the tropics of the Northeast, I am awaiting my lawn tips for when you start the lawn thread, Seedlings have been started and picked up the rest for the supplies for the garden yesterday, Actually golf typically starts around the 18th of april so we are right on track

lol, Don't sound so bitter, Yard work has already started up here in the tropics of the Northeast, I am awaiting my lawn tips for when you start the lawn thread, Seedlings have been started and picked up the rest for the supplies for the garden yesterday, Actually golf typically starts around the 18th of april so we are right on track

But what will you be doing outdoors the next 2 weeks to enjoy the Sunny warm above Normal conditions?

Mid April? The second this snow melts I'll find an open course.

Spring soccer starts this weekend.  Practices are outdoors.

Yeah, I am probably going to hit the driving range this week, We have a few that have opened up not far from here, Plus i have a friend of mine that owns a sugar house so i will be helping him out and enjoying the great early spring weather and the outdoors

Yeah, I am probably going to hit the driving range this week, We have a few that have opened up not far from here, Plus i have a friend of mine that owns a sugar house so i will be helping him out and enjoying the great early spring weather and the outdoors

Don't even bother. The cold, snow, drizzle, and snow pack fetish folks will find any way to make a 60 degree April day seem like hellish torture. 

Don't even bother. The cold, snow, drizzle, and snow pack fetish folks will find any way to make a 60 degree April day seem like hellish torture. 

Yeah, I don't know how anyone can put down 40'-50's with sun in early spring and call it a fail, Got spoiled last year i guess when we skipped the typical spring weather and went right to the 80's

Well it's been a late winter run not seen in a long time. I checked out weeks ago and came back for the snow. Time t get as much work done as possible from now through thanksgiving.

Have to know when its time to move on, Some just can't let it go Jerry and make fun of the ones that have, The writing has been on the wall, We are heading into april, Spring is on the doorstep

There you go.  It's all soccer all the time for me now outdoors.  Daughters on 2 teams with practices basically everyday and games on Sat/Sun.  Should have done yard work yesterday but I had to work.

I'm not overly optimistic about tonight.  Will have to see how the radar looks later on.  Temps are on the rebound today and should hit the mid-40s.  DPs are right around 30F, so we should be able to wetbulb a few degrees.  Going with my C-2" for the area still.

There you go.  It's all soccer all the time for me now outdoors.  Daughters on 2 teams with practices basically everyday and games on Sat/Sun.  Should have done yard work yesterday but I had to work.

I'm not overly optimistic about tonight.  Will have to see how the radar looks later on.  Temps are on the rebound today and should hit the mid-40s.  DPs are right around 30F, so we should be able to wetbulb a few degrees.  Going with my C-2" for the area still.

Good luck bob, Maybe you sneak 1 more in before we close the book on winter

But what will you be doing outdoors the next 2 weeks to enjoy the Sunny warm above Normal conditions?

A nice run on the beach is always a good thing. Plus, as a photographer, I have plenty things to get out there and photograph. Spring bird migration is underway. This time of the year I am usually in full camo with my rig set up taking photos of wildlife in all of their glory. The prints that I sell helps to pay the bills. Is there any fresher air to breath than that of Spring air in New England?

Good luck bob, Maybe you sneak 1 more in before we close the book on winter

I'd like to get to 200% of my seasonal snow total.  I am at about 190%.  I need 3.5" to get there, using 38" as my seasonal average.  Winter is now back to a B+ on the year.  January kicks it down from being an A.

I think the fact I have somewhere near 75" and the 2 mega storms along with the overachiever last week...I think I give it an A. Maybe I'm just still living off the high of the last 6 weeks..but having two storms of that magnitude is extremely rare and boosts this up a notch IMHO. You could argue B+ since it was such a God awful start, but these last 6 weeks were special. That's a rare treat we went through.

Archived