• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
The Lion's end to March banter and discussion, part deux!

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought an inch or so for you earlier..if you get two..not a bad thought. The nrn edge of this will be huge. It's on the s coast on the GFS.

Would need to see the ggem and euro continue north to give the gfs any consideration. It was good with the Norlun but hasn't been good with major systems.

Euro was north again last night. We will see.

I thought an inch or so for you earlier..if you get two..not a bad thought. The nrn edge of this will be huge. It's on the s coast on the GFS.

Theres just something not setting well with this. The euro ens as Dendrite said were again north and had some amped members. Of course I wish it wasn't the Gfs giving me 1-3 so that tempers enthusiasm. The Rgem though is also promising. I still say this reminds me of that April 2006 event.

Theres just something not setting well with this. The euro ens as Dendrite said were again north and had some amped members. Of course I wish it wasn't the Gfs giving me 1-3 so that tempers enthusiasm. The Rgem though is also promising. I still say this reminds me of that April 2006 event.

One thing to remember in the closing moments of the last blizzard the rgem wobbled ever so slightly seaward while the ggem did not. Ggem to me anyway has been more solid since the upgrade vs the rgem. Lets see what it shows

Well the euro hasn't rolled out yet, so the GFS may be right...it just comes out sooner than the euro.

I've almost never seen a storm at that latitude as it is now, completely whiff. Hard to do. Maybe this tickles north ever so slightly. The confluence was looking good yesterday..still is, but it doesn't take much to bring the nrn band farther north. It would be a hell of a mission to bring good snows well into SNE. I also think that the nrn edge will be very sharp. Like no precip to 0.3" in about 10 miles. Good luck predicting that. I still have my doubts.

I like the way the monster vortex up north shifts just enough to all south wsw to ene pivoting tomorrow now. Given position of the 7H low on the GFS...maybe you get tickled with the good banding for awhile.

Would need to see the ggem and euro continue north to give the gfs any consideration. It was good with the Norlun but hasn't been good with major systems.

Euro was north again last night. We will see.

I always think of Feb. 1983 and how that just kept edging and edging north..until it got to around the Pike and probably never made it to like HubbDave's current location. This will never get to me, but fun to watch.

Archived