• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
March 21 - Inverted(Norlun) Trough

Baroclinic Zone

Something cool about this event as well...the only part of MA that didn't have snow cover before today was SE MA and Cape/Islands. I think the whole state will have snow cover (including ACK) after this. Not very often you can say that on March 22nd.

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Something cool about this event as well...the only part of MA that didn't have snow cover before today was SE MA and Cape/Islands. I think the whole state will have snow cover (including ACK) after this. Not very often you can say that on March 22nd.

Agree.  It's been cranking over the Vineyard acrdng to radar.   Full state coverage.  

Down to basically nuisance snow right, got a good hit earlier today. Roads are incredibly slick, saw a couple cars almost lose it in to some cranberry bogs on rt. 106 in Kingston.

Oh it was awful tonight.  Slippery as hell.  I picked up my wife from work.  She walked out of the hospital in 7" heels and almost had to be taken back in.  

Damn my hometown is getting absolutely pounded right now (Wareham) I'm right on the edge in probably 3/4" an hour snows.

Would love for someone to get a measurement over there..Rollo?

Wareham jackpot perhaps...they are getting hammered. Maybe an 8 spot down there.

That narrow band is really cool...it must be snowing at 2" per hour in that thing while probably 3 miles either direction is still snowing well, but not nearly that heavy. More like 3/4" per hour.

Will 2 per hour easy. I'm not in it and I'm 1-2".

Wxniss that's what I meant. I think the snow angles up north to south on northerly winds. So you can be just south of the best stuff on tilt one and still be in on it.

Be 8+ if someone reports in the area getting hit

The 0z would be the worst short term bust. For some reason the model is just incapable of getting out of ruts. Just like two weeks ago with the torched 8h.

We have 3.5" here. There's probably 4-5" just to my north based on radar. Based on my location and earlier returns there's likely going to be reports of 6-8+.

Btw my thinking this wouldn't be a big deal here had nothing to do with the NAM. I just thought it would end up a little south with tonight's stuff which ironically ended up quite a bit further west and northwest than most thought.

5.1" now

Will 2 per hour easy. I'm not in it and I'm 1-2".

Wxniss that's what I meant. I think the snow angles up north to south on northerly winds. So you can be just south of the best stuff on tilt one and still be in on it.

Be 8+ if someone reports in the area getting hit

195 between Mattapoisett and route 25 getting hammered.  Would love a report from there. 

Looks to be moving steadily your way. Maybe another 3-4 good hours?

I thought we had an achusnet poster?

That band just north of you is sick right now...40dbz returns...you must be getting some of that with north winds.

Does anyone have a map of March 18-19 Snow Totals? It's too late for the NWS map as they took it off like 40 hours ago and Too early for it to be in the little scroll down section Or in the past events. I hate when this period happens.

Report - Nothing. Been Screwzoned All Day. Tale of the month. Truuuuuuuuuuuuuly.

Congratulations Southeast Massachusetts! !

That band just north of you is sick right now...40dbz returns...you must be getting some of that with north winds.

I'm so tired but so badly want to see that snow. Has to be 5 miles from here for the worst but its still very good here. Had a lull but snowing hard now and 6"

If tmorrow were Saturday, I'd be tempted to drive down from Boston, that's gotta be legit 3/hr at times

Archived