• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
March 6-8th Ocean Storm Discussion Part IV

Typhoon Tip

Happy to see some heavier echoes rotating in as far N as Concord. That line of moisture from Concord through Keene is what I need to get a few inches here tonight. It's actually filling in nicely over Franklin Co as it rotates in. Wish it was heavier but nice moderate fluffy snow falling right now.

Some great returns approaching me. Problematic though as I spend each band cooling only to have them move off. Radar is marginal. Good bands but still would like to see unified expansion.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What are winds like there?

Noisy! I took some video today will try to post Friday. It's like having a train to by you for 30 straight hours. It's obnoxious. I'm used to it but still couldn't sleep last night. Tonight not so bad with a change in direction.

Gusting to 45. Neighbor measured a gust to 72 around 310am last night

long range box...starting to see returns way east of the main batch.  must be impressive stuff

http://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?product=N0Z&rid=BOX&loop=yes

should see that stuff soon... hrrr / rap in good agreement on decent bands arriving into eMA 6z-7z

then hrrr / rap / nam save the best stuff for 11z-17z... should be an exciting morning

Noisy! I took some video today will try to post Friday. It's like having a train to by you for 30 straight hours. It's obnoxious. I'm used to it but still couldn't sleep last night. Tonight not so bad with a change in direction.

Gusting to 45. Neighbor measured a gust to 72 around 310am last night

Wow.  High tide in the AM will be interesting.  Ocean has been pounding for over 24 hours.

Wxniss!

Happy check out Plymouth and Otis the last 30 hours. It's been NE around 25 gusting to 45 it seems like forever. 3am last night was brutal.

This band targeting me should flip if its going to happen.

PYM still 080 wind..so you may have to wait a little longer...though the heavier rates should help flip it. But I think 2-3am is much better for accum there.

edit: 020 wind...not sure why I said 080

PYM still 080 wind..so you may have to wait a little longer...though the heavier rates should help flip it. But I think 2-3am is much better for accum there.

edit: 020 wind...not sure why I said 080

Was finishing work when you posted 80...ouch! I can hear the wind changing no taps on the window from the snoosh. This band coming in looks to mean busines

Wxniss!

Happy check out Plymouth and Otis the last 30 hours. It's been NE around 25 gusting to 45 it seems like forever. 3am last night was brutal.

This band targeting me should flip if its going to happen.

yeah lol... i've been totally out of commission this week due to a bad ski injury

posts by you/will/others on this storm have been my main source of non-pharmacologic therapy

currently best rates of the night in brookline ma

eager to see the 1-2"/hr deathband potential depicted by RAP and HRRR around 9-10am

Euro has nearly another inch of QPF for Rollo after 06z....its monster hit for E MA...but pretty juicey everywhere. IT screwed the pooch though for ORH county...it actually shows a sucker hole over ORH county between 00z and 06z of about 0.07" qpf...given that we are at 06z now and I got nearly 3" in that time (more up to my north...I think that was wrong)

Wxniss sorry to head that send me a pm if you don't mind.

Will this band coming in looks savage. But still slop here. How's the euro look on a change here? I

Euro sags temps SE through the night. I think you will prob flip in another couple hours. But you are on the edge all the time.

Euro sags temps SE through the night. I think you will prob flip in another couple hours. But you are on the edge all the time.

It may be snowing just to my west. It's snowing here but the flakes are still melted. I've got the two inch line or melted flakes that slide down the window right now. At 830 tonight 1/2 a mile NW of here was covered. Looking out at the lights I've got waves of wet snow. Close now.

Radar filling nicely

Euro has nearly another inch of QPF for Rollo after 06z....its monster hit for E MA...but pretty juicey everywhere. IT screwed the pooch though for ORH county...it actually shows a sucker hole over ORH county between 00z and 06z of about 0.07" qpf...given that we are at 06z now and I got nearly 3" in that time (more up to my north...I think that was wrong)

does it up amounts back here compared to 12z?

-skisheep

It looks like it gives you about 0.40" from here on out (after 06z)...can't remember if 12z was more, but that is decent.

Finishing work. If I'm going to waiver r/s would just assume this band pivot west to get the interior where it won't be wasted.

It has changed over now, there are some dancing flakes mixed in...but still slush balls. Closer!

Abington had 8.5" at 10pm...who knows how much they have now.

It's cool to see right to the edge of radar scope. This stuff coming in is wicked.

I'm probably 25% snow 75% mush flakes. I suspect just the other side of 3a is getting smoked. The 32 degree line in the last burst was only 200 yards from exit 2

Edit probably 50-50 now

It looks like it gives you about 0.40" from here on out (after 06z)...can't remember if 12z was more, but that is decent.

It's more than 12z, 12z was around .4" from 7PM on, so this is a pretty big increase, considering we have 2.25" OTG and climbing.

-skisheep

Will btw thanks for all the information throughout this event. It was very much appreciated.

No prob...based on what has happened so far andwhat's to come even in the short term based on radar....the Euro completely tooled with other guidance like it was a pet. NCEP guidance just cannot match the Euro inside of 60h...and really outside too, but at least they can score a bit more there.

No prob...based on what has happened so far andwhat's to come even in the short term based on radar....the Euro completely tooled with other guidance like it was a pet. NCEP guidance just cannot match the Euro inside of 60h...and really outside too, but at least they can score a bit more there.

Euro wins again, but you really nailed the forecast Will.  Thanks for all of the great info and insight you always provide.

Archived