Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
March 6-8th Ocean Storm Discussion Part IV

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure if anyone cares but NAM/HRRR now showing the heaviest snows tomorrow morning... after sunrise. Like 11z-16z? at least?

Uh oh, that's not good for down here... Does the heavier snow keep the temps down at all, or are we doomed to have a foot fall from the sky and an inch on the ground?

-skisheep

NAM with a big FU up here, but that seems pretty much accurate. Looks like maybe 4''...

The NAM is alone with screwing S NH. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out. It looks like it is trying to advect some low level dry air in here to give us the virga shaft. I just noticed Eek's wx station showing a big downslope kicking in with a large jump in NE winds and increase in dewpoint depression.

The NAM is alone with screwing S NH. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out. It looks like it is trying to advect some low level dry air in here to give us the virga shaft. I just noticed Eek's wx station showing a big downslope kicking in with a large jump in NE winds and increase in dewpoint depression.

We've been screwed down here big time so far, so I think its like .1'' of QPF through 6z may be correct. Radar still looks like crap. We'll probably rip for a time after that, but we'll see.

Not sure if anyone cares but NAM/HRRR now showing the heaviest snows tomorrow morning... after sunrise. Like 11z-16z? at least?

Holy crap, the NAM absolutely smokes all of E MA tomorrow morning wow, two consecutive 6 hr periods of >0.5" QPF for Boston metro and much of SNE, wow! NAM says we add another 12" for much of the area on top of what has already fallen :lol:  Gotta be overdone.

We've been screwed down here big time so far, so I think its like .1'' of QPF through 6z may be correct. Radar still looks like crap. We'll probably rip for a time after that, but we'll see.

How much do you have in KASH now? I just measued 3.6" here counting the 1.25 left from last night. Nam seems aweful low in the next 6 hours. I think well get more than .1" qpf. Its alone in that aspect but well see what happens.

How much do you have in KASH now? I just measued 3.6" here counting the 1.25 left from last night. Nam seems aweful low in the next 6 hours. I think well get more than .1" qpf. Its alone in that aspect but well see what happens.

Didn't measure last night but I have about an inch now. That's not a bad total in Windham, though.

This would be reasonable based off the new NAM.  I think after 8/9am accumulations will be limited...

Quite reasonable for this area, for how hard it might have been to accumulate in Boston I can't see how it can accumulate around NYC that long after daybreak tomorrow unless it's either below freezing or constant heavy snow.

Didn't measure last night but I have about an inch now. That's not a bad total in Windham, though.

Yeah I was kinda suprised when I got home a few minutes ago. Still mainly a slushy coating on the main roads. Hopefully we can build in some echoes from the east over the next hour or 2. Nam would be a rough gradient up here though.

Yeah I was kinda suprised when I got home a few minutes ago. Still mainly a slushy coating on the main roads. Hopefully we can build in some echoes from the east over the next hour or 2. Nam would be a rough gradient up here though.

Yeah it would. Can't seem to get anything going here either, I've got like 2-3 mile vis right now under 20-25 dBZ. It just does not want to snow.

Yup, I'm hopelessly optimistic :) Upton does have 5" here on their snowmap, so who knows... Radar looks great, according to obs it should be sticking soon, I'm excited!

1-3" does seem low, but who knows? I guess you think we get hurt by temps and lack of accumulation? I disagree with you on the showerly look, sim radar(and real radar) looks solid for later, it's supposed to build up as the good stuff moves in from the east, what we are seeing now here is really the appetizer IMO.

Best of luck to everyone! May we all get feet of snow and, most of all, enjoy it!

-skisheep

Still optimistic sheepage? We've ripped down a staggering coating.......your thoughts on how we get more?

Yeah it would. Can't seem to get anything going here either, I've got like 2-3 mile vis right now under 20-25 dBZ. It just does not want to snow.

Hopefully things improve over the next hour or so. Decent band heading on shore now. Most of my accumulation so far happened when that band lifted through a couple hours ago.

I drove through Windham on 93 an hour or so ago, and it was ripping snow. 93 was just starting to get snow covered. it was snowing hard there last night at the same time.

Still optimistic sheepage? We've ripped down a staggering coating.......your thoughts on how we get more?

I actually think we do well, models now have us snowing into the late afternoon, and the real heavy stuff was always later tonight. The temps continue to tick down, and it is accumulating here at least, over 1" on non paved surfaces now, and a nice 25 dbz SN+ band is moving into here, you probably are in it now. as the temps continue to tick, I think we start to accumulate more, upton has me getting down to 29 tonight.  How is that band? Upton's new map holds serve here, I see no major reason to worry. than again, I am hopelessly optimistic... :)

-skisheep

I actually think we do well, models now have us snowing into the late afternoon, and the real heavy stuff was always later tonight. The temps continue to tick down, and it is accumulating here at least, over 1" on non paved surfaces now, and a nice 25 dbz SN+ band is moving into here, you probably are in it now. as the temps continue to tick, I think we start to accumulate more, upton has me getting down to 29 tonight.  How is that band? Upton's new map holds serve here, I see no major reason to worry. than again, I am hopelessly optimistic... :)

-skisheep

Yeah it's mod here. Roads are probably getting some grease now.......fun fun fun. It's snow. In Morch.

Well it has been snowing pretty much all night here in Amherst, NH and we have about 4 inches so it has been great.  Nice to have one nice storm before it warms up.  All the roads are nicely covered.  Nice band is approaching.  Really enjoyed just watching it snow since we won't get many more chances, so peaceful.

long range box...starting to see returns way east of the main batch.  must be impressive stuff

http://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?product=N0Z&rid=BOX&loop=yes

Happy to see some heavier echoes rotating in as far N as Concord.  That line of moisture from Concord through Keene is what I need to get a few inches here tonight. It's actually filling in nicely over Franklin Co as it rotates in.  Wish it was heavier but nice moderate fluffy snow falling right now. 

Archived