Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
March 6-8th Ocean Storm Discussion Part IV

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's about what I'd think.  It could still be more and notice there is one dot bigger than 10-14.  I told a member here I figured about 10-20" in the bridgewater Raynham area, that is right in that mix with some higher end potential still.

That dot bigger than 10-14 is Lake Massapoag-effect enhancement.

Did you miss the stuff I posted from Wrentham earlier?  There was a good 5-6" OTG there at noon.

Not much of anything on the ground here in Waltham though. Commute out looked promising this morning but things have slackened since.

Going to have to do a bit of work tonight to make good on those totals from BOX's latest. No complaints out of me if we do though.

Plymouth county and the Cape/Islands the Euro has 2"-3". GFS has 1"-2". I think the latter is more reasonable, but closer to the 2" since a lot of places already have about 0.5 inch give or take. I'll be surprised if anyone gets more than 2.5" precip.

I think since 12z some spots have had half inch or more...I bet close to 2" anyways in spots.

I just ran a 4 hour radar loop.  Really no different from frame to frame, overall.  That stubborn dry area is not budging in SE CT and SW RI.  The grass hole of New England, it seems. 

Save for a few sprinkles and flurries around Noon... and of course this nasty wind...  It's been a pretty pleasant Partly to Mostly Sunny March day...  In fact, it's back to Mostly Sunny again now!  :-)

According to Taunton's 1 to 2 inch forecast for extreme SW RI - I don't think this sustenance or dry air is about to budge.  

Plymouth county and the Cape/Islands the Euro has 2"-3". GFS has 1"-2". I think the latter is more reasonable, but closer to the 2" since a lot of places already have about 0.5 inch give or take. I'll be surprised if anyone gets more than 2.5" precip.

Are you talking about those two areas or literally everyone, because I have close to 2 inches now and this storm isn't suppose to stop until Friday Afternoon.

Hyannis has 1" already.  Nantucket has 1.44", MVY has 0.83".

I think since 12z some spots have had half inch or more...I bet close to 2" anyways in spots.

I agree with the 2", even slightly more, and slightly less in spots but I've been on the GFS train if you couldn't tell already. When using the GFS I'm leaning towards the higher amounts like I said. Not sure what the NAM is spitting out but it seems like it is similar to the Euro? Regardless, I need to update my snow totals.

Archived