• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
March 6-8th Ocean Storm Discussion Part IV

Typhoon Tip

I'm going for an inch on the grass, will be happy with that...

I think you're going to bust low, the radar looks great, we weren't supposed to do so well on the coastal as we have been doing now, even though it's not accumulating. The RGEM totally shifted, but looking at it in more detail, the upper air is totally different from the NAM, and everything else for that matter. I think we verify a compromise of GFS RGEM EURO and a tiny bit NAM(only because it can't have zero clue, give it 5%), and end up with around .35" liquid that can accumulate. That's supported by the EURO, GFS and NAM, and I'm going down with the ship. Not sure that I'm right, but I feel good about this, I've had a good feeling about it the past few days, and I've found that going with your gut often works out. Who knows though, you could very well be right...

-skisheep

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you're going to bust low, the radar looks great, we weren't supposed to do so well on the coastal as we have been doing now, even though it's not accumulating. The RGEM totally shifted, but looking at it in more detail, the upper air is totally different from the NAM, and everything else for that matter. I think we verify a compromise of GFS RGEM EURO and a tiny bit NAM(only because it can't have zero clue, give it 5%), and end up with around .35" liquid that can accumulate. That's supported by the EURO, GFS and NAM, and I'm going down with the ship. Not sure that I'm right, but I feel good about this, I've had a good feeling about it the past few days, and I've found that going with your gut often works out. Who knows though, you could very well be right...

-skisheep

I do think it will boil down to getting under a good band or not...hoping for the best for all, but there will be winners and losers in this one as always....(and more so this go around with this unusual setup)

-skisheep

I ran an even blend of the GFS, 6z GEFS, Euro, Euro Ens, NAM, and SREF...basically drops 2-5" for SW CT. I think 0.35" liquid is a very reasonable forecast.

I do think it will boil down to getting under a good band or not...hoping for the best for all, but there will be winners and losers in this one as always....

As always, it's just a factor of luck where the bands decide to park themselves. I think NYC is toast, but I think we have a much better chance than they do.

I'm bullish mainly because of the radar, it looks beautiful, and it seems to be outperforming down here so far.

-skisheep

I ran an even blend of the GFS, 6z GEFS, Euro, Euro Ens, NAM, and SREF...basically drops 2-5" for SW CT. I think 0.35" liquid is a very reasonable forecast.

Seems reasonable, don't think it's going to be great, but the people(mainly in NYC forum) who are calling total bust even for up here are overreacting. as always, it's the bands that make the difference. We could end up under a 35 DBZ band for 2 hours and get 4" in that time, or we could be in subsidience the whole night and get an inch. In the end, it's all luck anyway.

-skisheep

As always, it's just a factor of luck where the bands decide to park themselves. I think NYC is toast, but I think we have a much better chance than they do.

I'm bullish mainly because of the radar, it looks beautiful, and it seems to be outperforming down here so far.

-skisheep

Radar looks like it's about to rock some moderate over you shortly

For some reason I was thinking Stamford was in NW CT...honest mistake.  They're definitely favored...but SW CT should get some decent snows later tonight.

Yeah, NWCT into the catskills should do decently well, hoping Hunter picks up a few inches, I might head there on saturday to debut the spring skiing season.

-skisheep

Radar looks like it's about to rock some moderate over you shortly

It's going as we speak, really can't tell if it's accumulating though because I'm at my desk on a high floor, looking down onto downtown stamford. Hard to see a grassy area to see if it's sticking, although I would expect it's not. I'm going out for lunch in a few minutes, I'll give a report when I return.

-skisheep

It's going as we speak, really can't tell if it's accumulating though because I'm at my desk on a high floor, looking down onto downtown stamford. Hard to see a gras

sy area to see if it's sticking, although I would expect it's not. I'm going out for lunch in a few minutes, I'll give a report when I return.

-skisheep

Cool. We've got some light to moderate currently.

It's going as we speak, really can't tell if it's accumulating though because I'm at my desk on a high floor, looking down onto downtown stamford. Hard to see a grassy area to see if it's sticking, although I would expect it's not. I'm going out for lunch in a few minutes, I'll give a report when I return.

-skisheep

40 degrees out-ain't sticking yet...maybe tonight

you can see that the western edge of the snow shield is setting up west of NYC.  I think that's a good sign for us.   If we were on the western fringe, I'd be alot more concerned

Yeah I noticed that on radar, dare I say it, it looks almost NAM ish? (not that in any way do I think the NAM is going to verify)

-skisheep

Archived