Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
March 6-8th Ocean Storm Discussion Part IV

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ripping snow, accumulating on main roads...this will be a positive bust for Boston.

SREFs clustered around 8-16" for BOS and 10-20" for OWD. Ratios probably won't be nearly as good as the SREFs think, I'd say we end up 6-12" with a jackpot area of 12-18" just to our southwest.

Guess none of the on air mets believed the 2m temps that the models were advertising. It's kinda surprising considering the wind direction is from a colder source, not some roaring wind out of the east.

Oh well we all love positive busts :)

Huge difference at Logan vs. Worcester hills.  Could be >5 degree difference.  I don't see much CAA for areas right along the shore.  Back in ENY and WSNE there is some cool, dry air drainage in the BL.  But I think further east there is definitely some marine taint.  Just inland with a little elevation should get clobbered.  But it will take a ton of QPF to get 10" of snow.

Currently around 27 in the ORH hills and 32 all the way to BOS on the ocean and pasting to everything including roads,  :whistle:

Currently around 27 in the ORH hills and 32 all the way to BOS on the ocean and pasting to everything including roads,  :whistle:

Winda are almsot due north, there isn't much marine taint...that wasn't the issue really. It's temps near 32 and how hard it can snow in order to accumulate. 

How long would the dry air intrusion last?

Probably not too long if it happens..might be just more weenie lighter snows. You can see more stuff trying to develop off to the east. That's what to watch for your area later as this whole things tries to pivot NW later today and tonight.

What are folks thoughts on timing of steadiest precip? Afternoon commutes in the Worcester - Boston corridor looking dicey?

Steady now..then possibly a break later this morning before more snows later this aftn. It's possible it snows steaduly right through the day.

after reading the lasted AFD from Box,  this is just the first wave of precip?  main show is tonight? already got 2 inches at least and thumping.  what the hell are my totals going to look like by tomorrow morning?

Adding up your point and click gives you 5-11", I think you have a decent chance of verifying the high end of that.

-skisheep

Looks like the band is breaking up over CT. Might have to wait until later today until we get another wave moving in.

I wonder if KBOX to Foxboro end up the total winners. ORH might, but I don't know how much snow gets throw back.

Yeah it'll be on and off light snows here until later afternoon when all hell breaks loose. Nice to see modeling has shifted that snowhole south and east since yesterday

Archived