Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
March 6-8th Ocean Storm Discussion Part IV

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

0z hrrr shows 850 temps getting near 0c for E mass/ Ne mass by mid tomm evening.

about 25 caution flags flying on this one....esp getting good rates N into bos and just north even close to the e coast.

well see

if i could pick one area i really don't know wether it would be 1k will less firehose potential or a place like borderland state park , N easton, ma

ML temps arent a concern....toss HRRR ML temps.

0z hrrr shows 850 temps getting near 0c for E mass/ Ne mass by mid tomm evening.

about 25 caution flags flying on this one....esp getting good rates N into bos and just north even close to the e coast.

well see

if i could pick one area i really don't know wether it would be 1k will less firehose potential or a place like borderland state park , N easton, ma

Aside of wills area I think it's somewhere in there that's one target zone. Also se of there in deep southern interior ma. Carver, lakeville, Taunton and maybe right to the coast there.

The high res stuff is either having a coup or is having the same issue. But no doubt it's all warm.

Aside of wills area I think it's somewhere in there that's one target zone. Also se of there in deep southern interior ma. Carver, lakeville, Taunton and maybe right to the coast there.

The high res stuff is either having a coup or is having the same issue. But no doubt it's all warm.

RAP is way colder than HRRR.

you can see the firehose start to set up from CHH aim'd right at EWB and Falmouth, Fairhaven,Freetown, Acushnet Etc

they are all around 34-35 ...some at 36 or so right now...... i think that hose may hang around there possibly extending to PVD area.

weathertap radar seems to at least show the firehose opening up a tad to me over that area....temps probably cool dynamically to 32 or 33 and 34 respectively next hour or so and the fun may begin shortly down there

At least if this busts here, we can share some sympathy with the DC/BWI crowd. All eyes are on us now...to see if this already cursed storm will screw another region. Very possible here too. Watching what happened in DC/BWI while at work today literally made me sick to my stomach as a genuine snow lover knowing many of them personally who are a great crowd...awful. For our region, I think the expectations are lower, so if this sucks, nobody will be that surprised, but I'm remaining pretty bullish personally for here through N RI and interior SE MA.

I remain bullish...respect the firehose. BOS is tough forecast.

I might go down in terrible flames in this...but I can't change now.

That made me think of the Tom Cruise character in "Magnolia".

LOL at the NAM qpf in GC.  I'm glad I dont' get paid to forecast. lol  I wont' be here to enjoy whatever might happen, but I'm going to double-down and give ORH to Bob big wins, relativley minor event west of 190-395.  Hope I'm wrong and everyone cashes in.

EDIT::  My incredulity continues to see I'm now in a warning.  Damn--wish my flight were canceled.

WWA upgraded to Winter Storm Warning for 128 area away from coast.

AIT

As soon as winds went nne about 2 hours ago it dropped to 31/30 quickly. There's about 1/2" already down just eyeballing. This is extremely well modeled by the Euro, we'll see how it goes with early March sun.

Archived