BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
March 6-8th Ocean Storm Discussion Part III

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The nellies aren't here right now so I'm trying to provide balance to the forum.

HA, kidding aside, it's the NAM.  Let's see what the Euro/GFS does.  JR on Channel 7 says just rain in Boston, no snow at all for me, Boston, Bob, etc.  Lock it up.

It is a putrid airmass.  40F and drizzle in the city right now.

Ryan what cha thinK? I loled just now when Bob's cut in after Roker said 2 feet plus for burbs and Worcester and said listen to me now its not going to be like that here.

Yeah I think you still around going to be around or just over 6". 

Tough call though. 

Here I could see 1" or 4" - not really sure. 

The nellies aren't here right now so I'm trying to provide balance to the forum.

HA, kidding aside, it's the NAM.  Let's see what the Euro/GFS does.  JR on Channel 7 says just rain in Boston, no snow at all for me, Boston, Bob, etc.  Lock it up.

:facepalm:

I just don't get it.  Someone is going to bust severely on this.

Yeah, and this was expected. This stuff now has been modeled pretty well as rain.   The real system is not until tonight.

We don't have saturation in the snow growth zone yet, so with temps in the 40s there is no other possible ptype but drizzle really.

Their forecast may play out well in a round about way (Say if everything gets pushed further S&E this afternoon)

They were going with that regardless of the heavy precip rates.

You're right around 128 too right? If it works out well enough once nowcast time arrives and we end up with 6" that would still be a pretty big bust for those calls.

You're right around 128 too right? If it works out well enough once nowcast time arrives and we end up with 6" that would still be a pretty big bust for those calls.

Yeah...that's about what I'm expecting.  If we get 6" here, then I bet there is a good chance Bob does well in Taunton too.  Interior SE MA should be fine.  Foxboro special?

:facepalm:

I just don't get it.  Someone is going to bust severely on this.

The NAM is really warm.  The Euro JMHO was too cold down near Richmond.  I've got real concerns about the warmth from I95 east but let's see what the other guidance shows.  You should be okay, but it's getting harder to deny the potential warm wedge.

The Euro was actually very good at 10am from last nights run as many of you have noted.  Had the firehose aimed right at Richmond right about now.

Good morning babies.

So. I've looked at the Euro, I've looked at the GFS, and I've looked at the NAM so far. Not sure what to make of the SE slip. Thank god they're not making me forecast at work today.

I guess it's nice that if one of them has to look better than the others for me, it's the Euro.

Playing devil's advocate -

Question 1: How can the NAM be wrong if it has been so consistent over the past 4 runs or so with a heavy qpf. hit, an uber warm 850 line that goes to Canada and has this blob of precip. that heads SWward down the eastern seaboard. It's had that consistently now - How could it be wrong?

Question 2: How can the GFS be wrong if it has been so consistent with this going OTS the past 4 runs or so?

Question 3: WHAT has the NWS put 1 and only 1 County under a WSWarning?? And a Random one at that!

Yeah...that's about what I'm expecting. If we get 6" here, then I bet there is a good chance Bob does well in Taunton too. Interior SE MA should be fine. Foxboro special?

Agreed, SE MA is in a good spot right now. Even if we end up with a warmer scenario there's a good chance it'll end up giving me some new flood pics if it coincides with high tide.

Archived