BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
March 6-8th Ocean Storm Discussion Part III

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I thought 0z would figure it out. I was wrong. GFS worse than before, EURO slightly better for here(about .4 with the coastal and more on the trough), and GGEM/RGEM/NAM/SREF/Assorted meso's are warning events. My gut is toss GFS and NAM and do a GGEM/EURO blend, but take EURO temps since GGEM is almost always warm. That brings it to 3-5" with the coastal, and 1-4" with the trough, although the trough might have to be revised up one way or the other. Upton going 2-5" for the coastal, and 1-3" for the trough, although their discussion talks about how they are still unsure one way or the other, obviously I would be...

Maps

Upton

StormTotalSnowFcst.png

Taunton

StormTotalSnowFcst.png

-skisheep

Why can't you ever just be positve and make a forecast. Are you thinking 1-3 now..I mean yesterday it was 8-12

Which is it?

I always love that expression.  As if thinking positive will bring the storm more North and crush everyone with huge amounts of snow.  Time to do some yoga, drink green tea and wish the storm where we want it to be.

364 days a year Scott slams the gfs. Today he rides it like Vin Rhames gets ridden in Pulp Fiction.

Euro/rgem/nam were all still very good hits We toss for the ukie, srefs and the gfs.

In the end that may be right and maybe the two best models in the CMC and euro are horribly wrong but I can't help but find the SREF gfs love comical after so much bashing this winter

Top 3 euro bust coming on. Nonhydrostatic models going down for the count?

364 days a year Scott slams the gfs. Today he rides it like Vin Rhames gets ridden in Pulp Fiction.

Euro/rgem/nam were all still very good hits We toss for the ukie, srefs and the gfs.

In the end that may be right and maybe the two best models in the CMC and euro are horribly wrong but I can't help but find the SREF gfs love comical after so much bashing this winter

Top 3 euro bust coming on. Nonhydrostatic models going down for the count?

I'm not riding any model whatsoever with this. My gut tells me this won't be a big deal for BOS. I don't like the look of this.

Archived