Total Members
    Most Online
    BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
March 6-8th Ocean Storm Discussion Part III

Baroclinic Zone

Its called "The NAM"

Probably the best explanation. Its so cold at 900mb that the low level lift might produce crappy flakes below the warm layer, lol.

I mean seriously. Like you said, I would expect those wind barbs to be almost 180 degrees different like a SWFE lol.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wonder if some will get a coating or a little more later tonight into tomorrow before the main batch, maybe orh hills?

A lot of guidance shows an inch or two for the ORH hills before 00z tomorrow night...Essex county gets enough qpf too for that but they will probably have trouble accumulating before 00z.

Also monadnocks prob will get an inch or two.

Its called "The NAM"

Probably the best explanation. Its so cold at 900mb that the low level lift might produce crappy flakes below the warm layer, lol.

At this point the Euro, earlier 12z GFS and NAM sans the micro layer also support a huge hit and presumably the 18z RGEM. RPM some of you said is like 30".

The layer makes so little sense on the sounding it's suspect to me as an error.  If the other models hold serve you guys are in for a huge hit, a historic hit.

Bob do you have Tauntons top 10?

At this point the Euro, earlier 12z GFS and NAM sans the micro layer also support a huge hit and presumably the 18z RGEM. RPM some of you said is like 30".

The layer makes so little sense on the sounding it's suspect to me as an error.  If the other models hold serve you guys are in for a huge hit, a historic hit.

Bob do you have Tauntons top 10?

i do not. 30" would be a top 5 imo though

00z RPM weenies out again for E MA....it really destroys BOS. Foxborough over 2 feet of snow by Thursday night nearing midnight.

Nightmare for Kevin though...ORH is like 15-20" and Tolland is about 4"

Must have some massive shadowing going on. Does it also have that secondary max in central NY like the NAM?

00z RPM weenies out again for E MA....it really destroys BOS. Foxborough over 2 feet of snow by Thursday night nearing midnight.

Nightmare for Kevin though...ORH is like 15-20" and Tolland is about 4"

Nam snowmap is pretty similiar in that respect

Must have some massive shadowing going on. Does it also have that secondary max in central NY like the NAM?

The NY stuff is further E...it gets engulfed in the SNE stuff like the Euro had. It helps save the CT valley a bit in MA later in the storm...but they are still shadowed big time.

The NY stuff is further E...it gets engulfed in the SNE stuff like the Euro had. It helps save the CT valley a bit in MA later in the storm...but they are still shadowed big time.

How much of that modeled shadowing will come to fruition from 0 to 100% you thinking?

Archived