BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
March 6-8th Ocean Storm Discussion Part III

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What about when QPF is over 2" for my area?  Is it meh?  What's the meteorology behind the minimal snow #'s being thrown out there for E areas?  Some are saying zilch as far as accumulations go.

To be fair he is much further west of you, lol.

We have a lot of different things going on here... the SE MA crew is going off on anyone saying "meh" and Rollo is upset because OCM mets aren't giving SE/E MA the love it deserves. 

Its like when I post that NNE to get a big snowstorm and then get a bunch of "not everyone lives in NNE, meh" posts.  Not everyone on this forum lives in SE New England either, haha.

It's like the twilight zone. Boston TV mets are now RPM parrots and everyone ignores suddenly the two best models we have 48 hours out.

What's the forecast being based on the NAM/NOGAPS combo?

I just don't understand the lack of excitement for this. This has the look and appeal of a long duration moderate to major snowstorm for 95% of us and we have people down and out. Maybe its because its March and folks aren't in winter mode anymore. Who knows?

Just looked at CMC...very solid hit. Models trending colder...all of them today.

BOS snow numbers:

MET: 4 AND 2= roughly 8ish as 4 depicts 4-6 and 2 is 2-4.

MAV: 6 but who knows how much beyond......

MEX: 8 and 2.

GFS the most bullish but CMC would be close to that.

I just don't understand the lack of excitement for this. This has the look and appeal of a long duration moderate to major snowstorm for 95% of us and we have people down and out. Maybe its because its March and folks aren't in winter mode anymore. Who knows?

I guess the NWS and most on-air mets do not agree.

Hi to the NE crowd. Was surfing around and saw this and had to comment. No surprises happening anywhere in the OH-IN-IL region right now. As ORH mentioned, the main show for central IN thru OH isnt suppose took occur until this evening.

ok thanks. Appreciate it Buckeye! Guess i was just being paranoid. Wouldnt be first time lol. I think Indy and Chicago are good benchmarks to follow to see which mpdels verify

To be fair he is much further west of you, lol.

We have a lot of different things going on here... the SE MA crew is going off on anyone saying "meh" and Rollo is upset because OCM mets aren't giving SE/E MA the love it deserves. 

Its like when I post that NNE to get a big snowstorm and then get a bunch of "not everyone lives in NNE, meh" posts.  Not everyone on this forum lives in SE New England either, haha.

You have your own dedicated thread if I remember. From the get go this was a ENE storm threat but let's see what the Euro says.

I see both sides, happy for the east crew, they are in the meat and things look great and WE all are pulling for you, on the other hand west of the river just had a dagger put through our hearts, so its understandable why we are frustrated.

Either way, pulling for you guys and hope ya'll get buried!

You have your own dedicated thread if I remember. From the get go this was a ENE storm threat but let's see what the Euro says.

Is this a joke? GFS had a bonified snowstorm here for 7 runs, borderline blizzard, this comment is false.

I see both sides, happy for the east crew, they are in the meat and things look great and WE all are pulling for you, on the other hand west of the river just had a dagger put through our hearts, so its understandable why we are frustrated.

Either way, pulling for you guys and hope ya'll get buried!

Joe I feel bad for your area, but the GFS is really only good at signaling threats this winter.  It's useless otherwise.

Joe I feel bad for your area, but the GFS is really only good at signaling threats this winter.  It's useless otherwise.

Well then that comment is a true eye opener when the Gfs had what 7 runs most of which were supported by its ENS and all the ind ENS were major hits here for multiple cycles.  I guess saying is useless would be an understatement, in any event.............hope ya'll rip tomorrow!!

I don't get it, everything trends colder for eastern areas which should help with accumulations, yet no increase in forecasts?

I'm not saying they should go nuts and say 10-12" incoming go raid the stores, but come on perhaps share the info that it's an equally fine line between the meh outcome and a fairly significant snow storm? It's being talked about like there's no way it's anything but a windy rainy day.

Boston TV could save a lot of money, just hire an actor that hits the clicker so the RPM rolls across the screen.  I never complain, but we're reaching all time new lows.

I just watched an identical product on 5 and 4.

At least they mentioned snow for Boston.  Ch 7 had rain from Rt 128 to Provincetown.

The biggest issue with this forecast is that fairly minor wobbles in the big ULL is going to make a world of difference in how the precip is thrown into SNE...we could have that firehose having trouble getting any further NW than the Cape or it could crush most of SNE with relatively minor changes.

There is massive bust potential with this. I think the OCMs are being very conservative after they really jumped the gun 3-4 days out on the February 23-24 threat. The model consensus has been pretty bad in this as well. A lot of spread...even still at this point right now and this is supposed to start tomorrow night.

There is bust potential in parts of CT if the coastal banding misses and the inverted trough sets up too far north or doesn't materialize.  Tolland is hopefully far enough east to be safe.

The biggest issue with this forecast is that fairly minor wobbles in the big ULL is going to make a world of difference in how the precip is thrown into SNE...we could have that firehose having trouble getting any further NW than the Cape or it could crush most of SNE with relatively minor changes.

There is massive bust potential with this. I think the OCMs are being very conservative after they really jumped the gun 3-4 days out on the February 23-24 threat. The model consensus has been pretty bad in this as well. A lot of spread...even still at this point right now and this is supposed to start tomorrow night.

This is all true and I agree, but hopefully news directors will remember this come Saturday and understand just how critical the Harvey Leonard and Barry Burbanks of the world are.

I expect the Euro to come in somewhere between/around the CMC/UK (IE, maybe a slight backoff).  If it holds for eastern areas and we still have the game of chicken being played, then shame on all of them.  And I never really comment on Taunton or Boston other than to pass kudos.

Archived