BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
March 6-8th Ocean Storm Discussion Part III

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The weird thing about the SREFs though.... if the 6z NAM was right (not saying it is) I probably wouldn't forecast more than 1"-3" or 2"-4" of snow anywhere in the state. The NAM was absolutely hideous.

all i'm gonna say is that the gfs and its ensemble had better verify or damn close or else there is definitely something fundamentally wrong with that system. No excuse when almost every ensemble member supports the op and vice versa. If i get anything less than warning criteria snow here (and that is generous) i'm tossing it for good within the 60-72 hour range.

all i'm gonna say is that the gfs and its ensemble had better verify or damn close or else there is definitely something fundamentally wrong with that system. No excuse when almost every ensemble member supports the op and vice versa. If i get anything less than warning criteria snow here (and that is generous) i'm tossing it for good within the 60-72 hour range.

I hope i am wrong and you won't end up never using it again, But.................I would have more confidence if it at least some other support

A bald man felt something down there...

Euro has been less wild in its motions and precip swings...but it is still coming into better agreement

The NAM has such weird temp profiles...it is frigid here at 900mb...like -5 to -6C but then its barely below 0C at 850mb...looking at the 60 hour sounding....lol.

Will is there any historical precedent for such a thing?  1000-850mb thicknesses are frigid even here, yet the 8h 0c is out by Logan11.   Euro is cold, and a brutal, brutal snowstorm.

It's curious to me that the NAM has been right 1 time out of about 300.  The Euro been wrong maybe 2 times all winter at this range, and we're waiting on...presumably the NAM to come around?

Just looking at the Euro it's a devastating snowstorm.  I'm really puzzled by the group mind f8ck that is going on (not here, everywhere else)

most of the storm's over by then...

Its also still really cold below that layer...almost like it turns into a ZR or pellet-fest as its winding down...but alas, the NAM is always fun to look at beyond 24 hours.

Archived