BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
March 6-8th Ocean Storm Discussion Part III

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QPF should be people's main worry over temps right now unless you are in far SE areas like the Cape and south coast of MA/RI.

Do you think temps will be an issue for down here if we can get a GFS/NAM/SREF like solution to verify?(1 inch plus QPF)

-skisheep

Do you think temps will be an issue for down here if we can get a GFS/NAM/SREF like solution to verify?(1 inch plus QPF)

-skisheep

I'm sure they will be at least part of the time that far south, but if you get heavy precip, you'll get your share of snow too. You just don't want 1.00" of qpf slow-burned over 40 hours. That prob wont get it done on the coast.

lol.

Invitations for all to go sledding on his trails if a big hit verifies.

Well my TV Mets still buying a rain storm so who knows.

WHEN are you guys all coming to Sled at CN Mountain????

Back on Topic - Interesting after the dust settled to see the the GGEM about the Furthest OTS model after the Caving war waged yesterday.

I'm sure they will be at least part of the time that far south, but if you get heavy precip, you'll get your share of snow too. You just don't want 1.00" of qpf slow-burned over 40 hours. That prob wont get it done on the coast.

Makes sense, it's probably rates more than anything that matters. What is usually seen as heavy enough precip to get it done? .25"+ in 6 hours?

-skisheep

09z SREFs are out.  Keeps everyone beloe 0c at 850mb, save for CC and extreme SE MA Coast.  Looks like a 2"+ bullseye over interior SE MA. General 1"+ for all of Eastern areas. 0.5" W of that up into CNE.

my qpf is total and not 24 hours so yes.

Not saying a bigger event isn't possible but at least right now I'm disappointed with the overnight trends. 

Agree.

I'm pretty bulish for the elevated interior. I understand the reason to be cautious on the CP and certainly in the CT River valley...but interior hills should get clocked as long as this doesn't go back SE. Its plenty cold enough.

Elevated c/e interior.

I'm not concerned about temps here at all...its all about qpf.

Will's channelling me.  lol

This is one of the first storms in a while where it seems as if we are getting one big TROWAL or isentropic bomb instead of depending on banding features. There are little links at 700mb that might drive periods of heavier precip, but that's a classic moisture train off the Atlantic. Usually those are kind to ern mass, so long as they materialize.

SREF's still look like 1.5" here, spread out over a large chunk of time though which isn't good, although it's probably a nice storm none the less. Temps looked cold compared to other guidance, positive sign. They really didn't change much from 3z, being south is going to be a benifit for this storm in terms of QPF, not temps though.

-skisheep

Archived