BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
March 6-8th Ocean Storm Discussion Part III

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was posting concerns for mby which people agreed on. I'd feel better if you were east, but I think you are good for 6-10 maybe 8-12 for now. Sometimes with these erly flow firehoses the moisture gets rung out by ORH.

The QPF for mby has been 1.25 to 1.5 - is 8-10 here a good bet or is that too high?

Can someone talk Joe off the ledge..He's sounding like DT.

I read Joe's posts all night about how he's happy with 1 foot and high winds and something happened in 2 hours to make him change his mind lol

I said here multiple times last night I was not biting until the King came on board.

The GFS caved here, okx is all over this...............1-3 of snow and minor flooding absolutely no big deal- good luck out there hope you get crushed, I will be cheering from the side lines.

Oh our beach faces east, yeah some minor flooding, but the snow threat is gone here, and for most of the state, the big snow threat..........6z nam and gfs were tame to say the least.  Euro is warm here, and long duration.

I like c-2 here minor coastal flooding, a far far far cry from yesterday and glad I stayed conservative and waited to see if the gfs would buckle and the Euro would meet it half way.  Once again the gfs fails, because its forecast so greatly effect SENSIBLE weather.........thats what makes the Euro so great, when it fails it usually does not effect sensible weather, it usually fails being a bit conservative, not like the gfs giving me 2 ft of snow and winds gusting to 60 mph.

Awful, awful model.

did the storm already happen?  LOL..the key will be the position of the low-if we have E or ESE winds, would agree, we're done, but if they can swing NE or N, then we'd be good for some snow...I'm guessing it ends up being a nowcasting situation for many

I think if I were forecasting BOS I'd say possible plowable snow, details tonight.

06z was colder too. It just depends on rates but it was good to see the euro come in more robust. It sounds like the media is going with more liquid which I wouldn't be so sure of if this happens verbatim like the euro and gfs, but there is plenty to figure out an it could go one way or the other.

Oh our beach faces east, yeah some minor flooding, but the snow threat is gone here, and for most of the state, the big snow threat..........6z nam and gfs were tame to say the least. Euro is warm here, and long duration.

I like c-2 here minor coastal flooding, a far far far cry from yesterday and glad I stayed conservative and waited to see if the gfs would buckle and the Euro would meet it half way. Once again the gfs fails, because its forecast so greatly effect SENSIBLE weather.........thats what makes the Euro so great, when it fails it usually does not effect sensible weather, it usually fails being a bit conservative, not like the gfs giving me 2 ft of snow and winds gusting to 60 mph.

Awful, awful model.

It's the weather person/weenies job to use the guidance correctly. The gfs did exactly what it has done the entire winter. I mean exactly. There is always the sliver of doubt but the first crack in the foundation occurred at 18z yesterday (handled New England s/w differently) as it began its normal process of correcting se. It's entirely predictable at this stage in this particular winter. As predictable as the euro being 500 miles south at day 4.

What is a little different this time is the other guidance came further north which leaving the gfs less room to move se. That leaves us in a bit of a pickle today. Have we defined the goalposts or is the field itself still going to shift ese as all the guidance corrects for either weak data in earlier runs or a stronger/weaker block? We will see.

I guess the only thing more predictable than the gfs this winter is people comaining about the gfs.

Nam, now that's another story.

Ggem was close to shifting out to fishes jmo. Rgem looked good, gfs fine, euro fine. Temps still the major issue and nobody wants to make that forecast yet on tv

What is your forecast, funny you were totally downplaying this and laughing at the gfs, you on board for something big now, think Upton is being too conservative?

I'd say 3-5 for us...key is how much precip left over when winds shift...think you are underdoing the winds too-there's a decent high to our north and a strong low here...the gradient should be good for 40-60 mph winds/gusts for a good 2 days...that's going to cause more than minor flooding....I don't have a problem with where upton is, they can always adjust after the 12z and even 0z models...event doesnt really get going for another 24-36 hrs...

-

you are tossing in the towel too early on this one IMO

06z was colder too. It just depends on rates but it was good to see the euro come in more robust. It sounds like the media is going with more liquid which I wouldn't be so sure of if this happens verbatim like the euro and gfs, but there is plenty to figure out an it could go one way or the other.

Wet snow or 28 and powder?

I'd say 3-5 for us...key is how much precip left over when winds shift...think you are underdoing the winds too-there's a decent high to our north and a strong low here...the gradient should be good for 40-60 mph winds/gusts for a good 2 days...that's going to cause more than minor flooding....I don't have a problem with where upton is, they can always adjust after the 12z and even 0z models...event doesnt really get going for another 24-36 hrs...

Just said what Upton is going with..........read the HWO 1-3 minor flooding and winds 40-50.  Remember astro tides are low, so that helps immensely.

Archived