BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
March 6-8th Ocean Storm Discussion Part III

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is confusing to me, Upton says they are riding the EURO, yet have rain until 10 PM wednesday down here? I thought the EURO was colder than the GFS, and even after the changeover they still only have 1-2" inches. Either I'm crazy, or this just dosen't make sense. Also shocked that BOX does not have a watch out for many of it's zones, this thing is less than 48 hours in and pretty much everything except the GGEM is a big hit, it's time to sound the alarms.

Upton map, no map from BOX yet.

StormTotalSnowFcst.png

-skisheep

This is confusing to me, Upton says they are riding the EURO, yet have rain until 10 PM wednesday down here? I thought the EURO was colder than the GFS, and even after the changeover they still only have 1-2" inches. Either I'm crazy, or this just dosen't make sense. Also shocked that BOX does not have a watch out for many of it's zones, this thing is less than 48 hours in and pretty much everything except the GGEM is a big hit, it's time to sound the alarms.

Upton map, no map from BOX yet.

StormTotalSnowFcst.png

-skisheep

No reason to put a watch up now with the uncertainty. There's time to allow the 12z suite to influence that deicision.  The lack of HWO is surprising though.

No reason to put a watch up now with the uncertainty. There's time to allow the 12z suite to influence that deicision.  The lack of HWO is surprising though.

Upton does have a HWO, suprised Taunton doesn't

Just looked at the EURO text more closely, it's almost all rain for here despite the increase in QPF. Caved to the NAM on temps and the GFS for QPF. This is sort of what I feared, that it would end up too amped and we'd get rain.

-skisheep

Just looked at the EURO text more closely, it's almost all rain for here despite the increase in QPF. Caved to the NAM on temps and the GFS for QPF. This is sort of what I feared, that it would end up too amped and we'd get rain.

-skisheep

euro is 3-6 or so even for your area..I saw the snow maps

-skisheep

They issued one at 417 am.

Kevin going 12-16! for the ne hills of ct. wow, go big or go home.

Snow is a NON issue for most of Ct, a little bit of coastal flooding, but this is really turned into no big deal for our state.

Careful. Although without an east facing coastline may be....

lol   I wonder what the percentage of winter stroms is where you can't say that.

Luckily we've kept out expectations low out this way.

I will admit that the 12/18z runs yesterday had me starting to take a sip of the Kool-Aid.  I saw the GFS last night and hopes began to diminish.  Now, back to square one.  Alas.

At least the 10-12" pack's not going anywhere fast.

Careful. Although without an east facing coastline may be....

Oh our beach faces east, yeah some minor flooding, but the snow threat is gone here, and for most of the state, the big snow threat..........6z nam and gfs were tame to say the least.  Euro is warm here, and long duration.

I like c-2 here minor coastal flooding, a far far far cry from yesterday and glad I stayed conservative and waited to see if the gfs would buckle and the Euro would meet it half way.  Once again the gfs fails, because its forecast so greatly effect SENSIBLE weather.........thats what makes the Euro so great, when it fails it usually does not effect sensible weather, it usually fails being a bit conservative, not like the gfs giving me 2 ft of snow and winds gusting to 60 mph.

Awful, awful model.

What are you taling about? Euro gets an inch of qpf back to HFD..It gives you 3-6 minimum. 

Talking about realityville............Uptons HWO is supertame this morning compared to yesterday..............expecting minor coastal flooding, a couple areas moderate, winds gusting 40-50 Down from 50-60 yesterday, and 1-3 inches of snow.

I think we can handle that LOL.

Based on what I see in the UVV fields and CCB diagnostics, 3 hourly precip, and column temps I'd probably go 3-7" of snow for the majority of the city of boston despite higher qpf numbers. Plus, verbatim on the nam it's not all snow the whole time there. There will be a nice wintry appeal, but as far as adding up it will be real tough.

what about your take for snh and s me?  Since you are focusing on sne I guess you think nbd up here?

I figured you'd find some way to debbie it down. You didn't have one positive post overnight lol.

I was posting concerns for mby which people agreed on. I'd feel better if you were east, but I think you are good for 6-10 maybe 8-12 for now. Sometimes with these erly flow firehoses the moisture gets rung out by ORH.

Archived