Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
March Banter Thread

Isopycnic

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's a pretty good box score! When are you going to invite me up to Wake Forest for a game?

I wish I had a place to play here regularly. The work league is fun. Play 20 minute halves with a running clock, and the clock stops the last 2 minutes of the game on dead balls. So, the scores are usually low. Lost 34 to 29 tonight. I wish they had the gym like that once a week all year, though.

I wish I had a place to play here regularly. The work league is fun. Play 20 minute halves with a running clock, and the clock stops the last 2 minutes of the game on dead balls. So, the scores are usually low. Lost 34 to 29 tonight. I wish they had the gym like that once a week all year, though.

I used to be a member of the Y and played all the time. But it's been a while. Our office played in a work league a few years back, and the rules were similar. But now there aren't enough folks that want to play. We're getting a softball team up for the spring this year, which will be fun. Played for about 15 years straight, but only sporadically for the last 7 years. I'm looking forward to it. But it will probably be in 35 and drizzle the way this spring is shaping up. :)

Hey, can we stop all this sports talk in the banter thread and get back on topic, please?  I can't focus on the weather outside with all this sports talk distracting me.  There's no place for basketball discussions on a weather board.  Brick and CR, don't you guys know this thread was created so that we could talk about non-technical weather in a place other than the main thread?  I wanna say things like "The good systems are always ten days away" and "This cold and rainy weather stinks," but I can barely get a word in right now with all the basketball talk.  I'm about to give up because my index finger is cramping from having to scroll so far down the page before I can get to the next weather post.  Sheesh!!

;)

Hey, can we stop all this sports talk in the banter thread and get back on topic, please? I can't focus on the weather outside with all this sports talk distracting me. There's no place for basketball discussions on a weather board. Brick and CR, don't you guys know this thread was created so that we could talk about non-technical weather in a place other than the main thread? I wanna say things like "The good systems are always ten days away" and "This cold and rainy weather stinks," but I can barely get a word in right now with all the basketball talk. I'm about to give up because my index finger is cramping from having to scroll so far down the page before I can get to the next weather post. Sheesh!!

;)

:lmao:

Hey, can we stop all this sports talk in the banter thread and get back on topic, please? I can't focus on the weather outside with all this sports talk distracting me. There's no place for basketball discussions on a weather board. Brick and CR, don't you guys know this thread was created so that we could talk about non-technical weather in a place other than the main thread? I wanna say things like "The good systems are always ten days away" and "This cold and rainy weather stinks," but I can barely get a word in right now with all the basketball talk. I'm about to give up because my index finger is cramping from having to scroll so far down the page before I can get to the next weather post. Sheesh!!

;)

My whole point all night is that it should all be treated the same. Either it's all fine or none of it should be allowed; i.e., sports posts should not be the only "off-topic" posts to be prohibited. (I take issue with the use of "off-topic" to describe these posts, since the title says March Banter Thread, and I am totally in banter mode right now. Calculus just relax and enjoy the normal flow and give and take in this thread. It's nice. Don't harsh our mellow bro.

My whole point all night is that it should all be treated the same. Either it's all fine or none of it should be allowed; i.e., sports posts should not be the only "off-topic" posts to be prohibited. (I take issue with the use of "off-topic" to describe these posts, since the title says March Banter Thread, and I am totally in banter mode right now. Calculus just relax and enjoy the normal flow and give and take in this thread. It's nice. Don't harsh our mellow bro.

At the very least, it's encouraging to see that you grasp the fact that there is no way to go "off topic" when "banter" is the actual topic.  

Next up on the syllabus - using the Force to open doors.

Hey, can we stop all this sports talk in the banter thread and get back on topic, please?  I can't focus on the weather outside with all this sports talk distracting me.  There's no place for basketball discussions on a weather board.  Brick and CR, don't you guys know this thread was created so that we could talk about non-technical weather in a place other than the main thread?  I wanna say things like "The good systems are always ten days away" and "This cold and rainy weather stinks," but I can barely get a word in right now with all the basketball talk.  I'm about to give up because my index finger is cramping from having to scroll so far down the page before I can get to the next weather post.  Sheesh!!

;)

Bazinga!

That's what they said about the last storm ! No way it can go North, look at that blocking, NAO is off the charts negative, there's a 1090 high over Greenland, blah, blah , blah. NC is in the sweet spot , it has to go South, DC gonna get 12-15 ,Jim Cantore live in DC!! What could go wrong with that storm????

Doubt it with the blocking the EURO is going to be right. GFS will come around. -NAO is off the charts.

Screams winter weather for parts of the South-East esp. WNC.

Watch and learn.

Doubt it with the blocking the EURO is going to be right. GFS will come around. -NAO is off the charts. 

Watch and learn.

Instead of reading models it's time to read the calendar. It trumps -NAO in the SE this time of the year outside the mountains and possible spill over slop in the foothills.  Normal high in GBO is 62.

i-Sw4HSNR-XL.jpg

That's what they said about the last storm ! No way it can go North, look at that blocking, NAO is off the charts negative, there's a 1090 high over Greenland, blah, blah , blah. NC is in the sweet spot , it has to go South, DC gonna get 12-15 ,Jim Cantore live in DC!! What could go wrong with that storm????

Consider the source you are talking to. "Watch and learn"? Wow!

Watch and learn.

No, not with this Miller B system...With a Miller A? Maybe. This has been screaming rain for a while, maybe a mix/snow situation in the mountains but not outside.

Euro just caved to the GFS, they're both showing rain for NC.

No, not with this Miller B system...With a Miller A? Maybe. This has been screaming rain for a while, maybe a mix/snow situation in the mountains but not outside.

Euro just caved to the GFS, they're both showing rain for NC.

But I keep getting these charts with colorful dotted lines placed in front of me that prove it's not possible. :rolleyes:

Seriously though, how many times has this happened since October?

well a year ago this week I was getting camper ready for Disney World.  This year we are planning on going to Hershey, PA but depends on temperatures.  If not we are going to Ole Faithful- Pigeon Forge.  My son's first baseball game is Saturday with a high of 42.  Should be football season.  Hopefully we have one last storm over the weekend before it all ends 

well a year ago this week I was getting camper ready for Disney World.  This year we are planning on going to Hershey, PA but depends on temperatures.  If not we are going to Ole Faithful- Pigeon Forge.  My son's first baseball game is Saturday with a high of 42.  Should be football season.  Hopefully we have one last storm over the weekend before it all ends 

Camped last weekend in the pop-up at a nearby state park and I can safely say that we had the best conditions ever.  Sunny skies, a nice breeze, no bugs, no crowds, no heat.  I don't know why more people don't camp in early spring/late fall.  Way better than mid summer when everybody piles in the campgrounds.

The Mid-Atlantic forum has been awesome over the last few days.  It's a perfect blend of cryptic hope, weenieism, model-hugging, and sarcasm. :lol:

Just from the last couple hours (post-Euro)...

With this threat, Bob, Winterwxlvur and me are dranking the purple drank.....Jim Jones style.   I'm back in....or was I already in after backing out earlier?

Actually, it's trending back to Sunday's solution only two days earlier.

Out means in and in means in. You know this man!

I'm gonna pony up my son's model rocket collection on this one cause I got nothin left.  ALL ALL IN.

I feel it in my bones, 18Z Goofus is going to be a hit.

We are doing nothing different. We are only hugging the snowiest model. Being the euro this time is new though.

It's like eating at Sizzler all season long but going to Ruth's Chris just once. Can you taste it?

Anyone who is expecting anything is going to be let down. Sun angle is killer.

At night? How is the moon angle?

Unfortunately, we're headed towards full moon.  Storm cancel.

Full moon is Tuesday night, we are screwed. Means temps will be 0.29 F higher.

Wunderground maps have between an inch or 2 at BWI
maybe qualify as a HECS this year, but not what I (or the thread title) had in mind

March moon angle is a b**ch.  

The extra gravitational pull of the full moon actually draws additional moisture out of the ocean into the atmosphere and enhances cyclogenesis. I read it in a paper somewhere but I'm too lazy to look it up.

The moon is so strong i put on 50 mpf.

The Mid-Atlantic forum has been awesome over the last few days.  It's a perfect blend of cryptic hope, sarcasm, weenieism, model-hugging, and sarcasm. :lol:

Yeah, they are so bitter and twisted now it is funny, although it wasn't that funny in 2010.  The NE forum is like the MA forum was back in 2010, after they are coming off another record winter for them.

Archived