Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
March Banter Thread

Isopycnic

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually, as pointed out before, the banter thread was created last winter for weather banter posts that would generally not be allowed in the forecast discussion threads.

And as was later pointed out after you pointed out that this was pointed out with a friggin' laser pointer...

There is no such thing as weather banter.

Actually, as pointed out before, the banter thread was created last winter for weather banter posts that would generally not be allowed in the forecast discussion threads.

And as was later pointed out after you pointed out that this was pointed out with a friggin' laser pointer...

Wait.  You repeated yourself?  I don't believe it.

:twister:     :D 

Well, that is why it was created to begin with, to keep weather banter out of the pattern discussion and storm threads. Ask Lookout if you don't believe me. That's the history. Were you around last winter?

JC Penney closing stores in Wilkesboro, Salisbury

Never really shop there anyway. Maybe something better will move in. 421 is exploding in development. 

It's ok. Don't sweat it. Those posts usually get moved over here anyway.

Ahahahahahahaha!!

Well, that is why it was created to begin with, to keep weather banter out of the pattern discussion and storm threads. Ask Lookout if you don't believe me. That's the history. Were you around last winter?

Brick, we know the history.  You've told us 50 times now.  We don't need to ask Lookout.  He has already confirmed.  But no one treats the banter thread that way.  And, sports is not the only offender.  Things evolve.  This thread has evolved into an outlet for us to post whatever we feel like expressing.  See this post that just came across the thread:

JC Penney closing stores in Wilkesboro, Salisbury

Never really shop there anyway. Maybe something better will move in. 421 is exploding in development. 

My whole point all day is that it should all be treated the same.  Either it's all fine (my personal opinion) or none of it should be allowed; i.e., sports posts should not be the only "off-topic" posts to be prohibited.  (I take issue with the use of "off-topic" to describe these posts, since the title says March Banter Thread, and I am totally in banter mode right now.)

Everyone just relax and enjoy the normal flow and give and take in this thread.  It's nice.

Don't harsh our mellow...

(Is that an actual phrase?  Can I use it that way?  I want to become more hip...)

What? I thought this wasn't about weather banter because there is no such thing!

Actually, I think the problem is the word banter, but that's what it's always been called since the idea was created last winter.

I was talking about...your posts in the other...being banterish....usually get mov....never mind.

(Where's Stovepipe's GIF of an exasperated Jason Bateman starting to say something but then stopping??)

Folks.....................Keep the sports discussions here     http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php/forum/7-sports-zone/    

Let me start by saying I don't envy your job!  I would like to offer this suggestion:

how bout 2 banters, like March WX Banter, and March NonWX Banter.  and maybe a third one for what that Dude had for breakfast. 

I think there is more of a need/want to banter with fellow SE'sters  on stuff like bball, as opposed to a non-geographic OT forum.  So maybe a wx and non-wx banter would keep most happy?

Being a UGA fan, I feel we should ban all talk of NCAA March Madness altogether. but thats really a different issue ;-)

I'll accept it and award you +2 retro hip points.

Awesome!  +2 retro hip points from you is like +5 from other people.  So, I'll take it and run!  I think that now brings up my retro hipness sum to -84.3...or thereabouts.

Let me start by saying I don't envy your job!  I would like to offer this suggestion:

how bout 2 banters, like March WX Banter, and March NonWX Banter.  and maybe a third one for what that Dude had for breakfast. 

I think there is more of a need/want to banter with fellow SE'sters on stuff like bball, as opposed to a non-geographic OT forum.  So maybe a wx and non-wx banter would keep most happy?

Being a UGA fan, I feel we should ban all talk of NCAA March Madness altogether. but thats really a different issue ;-)

1.  Not a bad suggestion, and it has been offered before.  I would not be opposed.  I see this as a compromise, of sorts.  I'm still cool with only one, but I don't want to cramp anyone's style.  (Any points there, Stovepipe, or is "cramp my style" beyond retro hip?)

2.  Yes, yes, and a thousand times yes.

Well, I'm glad we have you here to lay out the rules, O Great Arbiter of Justice.

Man, that bolded sentence gives me leeway to write about anything, I guess:

There is currently not a topic about whether blue or green white board markers should be used in a modern classroom, so I'm going to talk about that now.

There is currently not a topic about why the floor in the hallway needs to be waxed, so then I'll talk about that.

There is not currently a topic about why Duke should play on Friday instead of Thursday, so I'll talk about that.

There is currently not a topic about...

Oh, wait, that's what you and a few others already do: talk about whatever the heck you want to (from the completely inane to the occasionally witty statement, and I stress the word occasionally) whether the rest of us want to read it or not. All I'm asking is that others be able to do the same.

:icecream:

Go ahead. Let's talk about waxing floor bro.

The dog just ran upstairs to hide under the bed with the first clap of thunder. Storms are a brewin' and I should get dinner done before an idiot takes out a power pole and renders me helpless. Half cooked fried chicken will not go over well with this hungry crew.

and....Balls.

The dog just ran upstairs to hide under the bed with the first clap of thunder. Storms are a brewin' and I should get dinner done before an idiot takes out a power pole and renders me helpless. Half cooked fried chicken will not go over well with this hungry crew.

and....Balls.

Lol did you just call lightning an idiot?

Lol did you just call lightning an idiot?

I was referring to drivers that can't handle wet roads around here.Lighting has not been severe with the first little cell that moved through. I'm in the wedge so I think the more severe storms west of me will die down or play out before they make it to these parts. My crazy dog says I'm wrong, she's hunkered down for the second coming!!

Hell yeah!

.LONG TERM...FRIDAY THROUGH MONDAY... NOT MUCH CHANGE TO FORECAST THINKING AS WARM FRONT LIFTS BACK NORTH OVER THE REGION ON FRIDAY WITH PRECIPITATION BREAKING OUT WITH MILDER TEMPS IN THE 70S. THEN COMPLEX LOW DEVELOPS OVER THE SERN U.S. ON SATURDAY AND TRACKS INTO THE ATLANTIC ON SUNDAY. THE FRONTAL BOUNDARY APPEARS TO BE STALLED ACROSS GEORGIA ON SATURDAY WITH HEAVY RAINFALL THREAT THERE AND POTENTIAL SEVERE WEATHER THREAT IN THE WARM SECTOR TO THE SOUTH WITH WINDY CONDITIONS AND TEMPS PUSHING 80. TRAILING COLD FRONT WITH MORE HEAVY RAINFALL AND POSSIBLE SEVERE WEATHER TO PUSH THROUGH FORECAST AREA SAT NIGHT/EARLY SUNDAY. MODELS ADVERTISING WIDESPREAD 2-3 INCH TOTALS FOR SE GA AND 1-2 INCH TOTALS FOR NE FL BUT STILL WAY TOO EARLY TO DIG INTO DETAILS FOR SEVERE WEATHER THREATS. CLEARING WITH MUCH COOLER TEMPS ON MONDAY WITH HIGHS ONLY IN THE 60S AND LOWS FALLING INTO THE 30S/40S BY TUESDAY MORNING BUT TOO EARLY TO DETERMINE IF ANY FROST/FREEZE POSSIBLE.

Archived