Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
March Banter Thread

Isopycnic

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who thinks I will hit 4,000 posts before our winter weather threats cease for March/April?

Ugh....18 year olds and their lack of self control, abstract thinking and general sense of purpose.

The only important decision of the day is whether to eat corn dogs or Mac-n-Cheese for breakfast.

Back on TOPIC... 

Was a nice weekend. A little warm on Saturday and a little chilly on sunday. the rains that were promised never materialized though. Although it rained all day one county to my north. 

Folks.....................Keep the sports discussions here     http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php/forum/7-sports-zone/    

Lol stovepipe is crazy. :lmao:

Ugh....18 year olds and their lack of self control, abstract thinking and general sense of purpose.

The only important decision of the day is whether to eat corn dogs or Mac-n-Cheese for breakfast.

Who thinks I will hit 4,000 posts before our winter weather threats cease for March/April?

Massive fire at Black Bear Ridge Resort and Trappers Ridge in Pigeon Forge, TN. Started at 4:00pm yesterday. 35 cabins burned and the fire is not under control.

http://www.wbir.com/news/article/260315/2/Massive-Pigeon-Forge-fire-damages-at-least-35-cabins

https://twitter.com/Queeter_Gabriel/status/313468913436471296/photo/1

https://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=10200814392991826

Anyone from Watauga County NC?  Please tell your planning department to chill the fark out.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2294812/Last-American-Man-facing-shutdown-North-Carolina-government-adhering-building-codes.html

Folks.....................Keep the sports discussions here     http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php/forum/7-sports-zone/    

Buckeye, respectfully, I don't see how any of the above quoted posts are any more on-topic, than are the ones discussing sports.  For the record, I have no problem with any of the above posts being in a banter thread, but I take issue with the fact that they are all okay, yet a post about sports is not.  Iso seems to be the only one that has any problem at all with sports talk in here (Oh yeah, and Brick too, but that's only because his Tarheels have been getting beat up this year in basketball).  The rest of us tend to use this thread as a way to blow off steam and just *banter* back and forth with each other regarding whatever happens to be going on recently.  Is anyone seriously going to the March banter thread to find hard-core weather analysis?  I plead with you to let us have our fun and talk with the people in the SE thread (that we actually enjoy hanging out with) rather than forcing us to go off into the barren wasteland that is the OT forum.

Thanks for your consideration in this matter.

I'd prefer sports be kept in a sports forum... I could care less about basketball, love football, but I wouldn't come up here to talk football anyway. This should be general banter IMHO. 

Just my .02 preference.

Could you define general banter, Steve?  My posts were generally about sports on the last page.  :P

I don't care to read a lot of the posts in banter, but it doesn't bother me.  I just scroll past Wilkesborodude's posts about what he ate for breakfast and whether he was going to watch a movie or not.  I'm fine with you posting links to your racing exploits, but it's not really related to weather either.  (By the way, you have some pretty awesome videos from the driver's seat!)

I don't know.  I just think the rules on what is and what is not banter are very loosely interpreted at times.  Either it's all banter, or none of it's banter.

It's all in the presentation.  I.e.....once again NC got their asp handed to them while the weather outside was seasonal.  But the weather isn't the only factor in an NC loss, as I remember watching them lose to GT and James Forrest, during the blizzard.  I was using a 5 inch black and white hooked to a car battery, but oddly, 65 + winds and super cold only heightened the experience as I sat huddled before my wood stove. 

I believe I can mollify Steve in the same way...i.e.   Steve watching you finish the course in record time  is akin to watching NC go down in the last minute to the superior fire power of Miami, lol,  the same Miami team that lost to Tech at home the week before, and will probably not go far in the Dance.  Tech quit against NC, and again against BC in the tourney, but they sandwiched in the win over Miami.  The sure sign of a very young, but talented team....just as the weather will sandwich warm periods around some unseasonal cold weather...and maybe snow for some one!   Dang, I'm good...come on Michelle, you know it's true, lol.    T

It's all in the presentation.  I.e.....once again NC got their asp handed to them while the weather outside was seasonal.  But the weather isn't the only factor in an NC loss, as I remember watching them lose to GT and James Forrest, during the blizzard.  I was using a 5 inch black and white hooked to a car battery, but oddly, 65 + winds and super cold only heightened the experience as I sat huddled before my wood stove. 

I believe I can mollify Steve in the same way...i.e.   Steve watching you finish the course in record time  is akin to watching NC go down in the last minute to the superior fire power of Miami, lol,  the same Miami team that lost to Tech at home the week before, and will probably not go far in the Dance.  Tech quit against NC, and again against BC in the tourney, but they sandwiched in the win over Miami.  The sure sign of a very young, but talented team....just as the weather will sandwich warm periods around some unseasonal cold weather...and maybe snow for some one!   Dang, I'm good...come on Michelle, you know it's true, lol.    T

YqpRMVu.gif

Jeez...smh....do they really have nothing better to do? 

If he was just living up there he would be left alone.  

Here is the problem:  "He also said that the annual summer camps he runs – which teach outdoor skills to children each year – are at risk of ending." 

Buckeye, respectfully, I don't see how any of the above quoted posts are any more on-topic, than are the ones discussing sports. For the record, I have no problem with any of the above posts being in a banter thread, but I take issue with the fact that they are all okay, yet a post about sports is not. Iso seems to be the only one that has any problem at all with sports talk in here (Oh yeah, and Brick too, but that's only because his Tarheels have been getting beat up this year in basketball). The rest of us tend to use this thread as a way to blow off steam and just *banter* back and forth with each other regarding whatever happens to be going on recently. Is anyone seriously going to the March banter thread to find hard-core weather analysis? I plead with you to let us have our fun and talk with the people in the SE thread (that we actually enjoy hanging out with) rather than forcing us to go off into the barren wasteland that is the OT forum.

:clap:

It's all in the presentation. I.e.....once again NC got their asp handed to them while the weather outside was seasonal. But the weather isn't the only factor in an NC loss, as I remember watching them lose to GT and James Forrest, during the blizzard. I was using a 5 inch black and white hooked to a car battery, but oddly, 65 + winds and super cold only heightened the experience as I sat huddled before my wood stove.

I believe I can mollify Steve in the same way...i.e. Steve watching you finish the course in record time is akin to watching NC go down in the last minute to the superior fire power of Miami, lol, the same Miami team that lost to Tech at home the week before, and will probably not go far in the Dance. Tech quit against NC, and again against BC in the tourney, but they sandwiched in the win over Miami. The sure sign of a very young, but talented team....just as the weather will sandwich warm periods around some unseasonal cold weather...and maybe snow for some one! Dang, I'm good...come on Michelle, you know it's true, lol. T

Well done, T. :)

I'm in the Atlanta airport, waiting 3.5 hours for my flight to Houston. Terminals A-D suck. E and F are nice, especially F. T sucks too. Plus, it has a name like T. Not sure why G wasn't good enough. Or A.5. Or -A.

Oh, and it's cloudy outside. It looks warm too. It was drizzly and cold in Raleigh at 6:30 this morning.

I'm in the Atlanta airport, waiting 3.5 hours for my flight to Houston. Terminals A-D suck. E and F are nice, especially F. T sucks too. Plus, it has a name like T. Not sure why G wasn't good enough. Or A.5. Or -A.

Oh, and it's cloudy outside. It looks warm too. It was drizzly and cold in Raleigh at 6:30 this morning.

Looks like there could be some severe storms in northern/western GA this afternoon into this evening...I hope your flight takes off okay.

If he was just living up there he would be left alone.  

Here is the problem:  "He also said that the annual summer camps he runs – which teach outdoor skills to children each year – are at risk of ending." 

I'm sure the precious snowflakes would survive.

Warm at the airport (~65º) but here 50 miles to the NE, it's 48.8ºF

Warm at the airport (~65º) but here 50 miles to the NE, it's 48.8ºF

Yeah, I don't know what the temp was in Raleigh, this morning, but it was prolly in the 40s. I could tell a big difference deplaning in ATL.

We're boarding now, finally for a 1:40 departure. Haven't seen the radar, but hopefully we'll get boarded efficiently and be able to go quickly.

Could you define general banter, Steve?  My posts were generally about sports on the last page.  :P

I don't care to read a lot of the posts in banter, but it doesn't bother me.  I just scroll past Wilkesborodude's posts about what he ate for breakfast and whether he was going to watch a movie or not.  I'm fine with you posting links to your racing exploits, but it's not really related to weather either.  (By the way, you have some pretty awesome videos from the driver's seat!)

I don't know.  I just think the rules on what is and what is not banter are very loosely interpreted at times.  Either it's all banter, or none of it's banter.

I agree with this.

Buckeye, respectfully, I don't see how any of the above quoted posts are any more on-topic, than are the ones discussing sports. For the record, I have no problem with any of the above posts being in a banter thread, but I take issue with the fact that they are all okay, yet a post about sports is not. Iso seems to be the only one that has any problem at all with sports talk in here (Oh yeah, and Brick too, but that's only because his Tarheels have been getting beat up this year in basketball). The rest of us tend to use this thread as a way to blow off steam and just *banter* back and forth with each other regarding whatever happens to be going on recently. Is anyone seriously going to the March banter thread to find hard-core weather analysis? I plead with you to let us have our fun and talk with the people in the SE thread (that we actually enjoy hanging out with) rather than forcing us to go off into the barren wasteland that is the OT forum.

Sports stay in the sports section. This is basically general banter about everything there isn't a topic already about.

Looks like there could be some severe storms in northern/western GA this afternoon into this evening...I hope your flight takes off okay.

Just had a heavy rain band move through (still rainig). I'm sure my bag is all wet now.... But the captain personally thanked us all for flying Delta, so that's good, I guess.

By the way, the new Delta in-flight safety video is awesome. The redhead from the last version even makes a cameo. :)

It smells like cigarettes.

The guy beside me is yelling at someone on the phone.

And it's still raining.

Sports stay in the sports section. This is basically general banter about everything there isn't a topic already about.

Well, I'm glad we have you here to lay out the rules, O Great Arbiter of Justice.

Man, that bolded sentence gives me leeway to write about anything, I guess:

There is currently not a topic about whether blue or green white board markers should be used in a modern classroom, so I'm going to talk about that now.

There is currently not a topic about why the floor in the hallway needs to be waxed, so then I'll talk about that.

There is not currently a topic about why Duke should play on Friday instead of Thursday, so I'll talk about that.

There is currently not a topic about...

Oh, wait, that's what you and a few others already do:  talk about whatever the heck you want to (from the completely inane to the occasionally witty statement, and I stress the word occasionally) whether the rest of us want to read it or not.  All I'm asking is that others be able to do the same.

:icecream:

Just had a heavy rain band move through (still rainig). I'm sure my bag is all wet now.... But the captain personally thanked us all for flying Delta, so that's good, I guess.

By the way, the new Delta in-flight safety video is awesome. The redhead from the last version even makes a cameo. :)

It smells like cigarettes.

The guy beside me is yelling at someone on the phone.

And it's still raining.

Play by play on-board an aircraft. That has to be a first on these boards. lol

Archived