• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
March Banter Thread

Isopycnic

Is there a snowstorm in Chapel Hill tonight??  The Dean Dome has that silent aura about it, just like nature after a freshly fallen snow.  Silence is golden!!

:D :D :D

My phone was blowing up all damn day with text from my UNC fan friends talking smack how UNC wsd gonna beat Duke blah blah blah....strangely I havent had a text for a couple of hrs now.......however my outgoing text onslaught is about to begin muwahahahahahaha

Where are all the smurfs at tonight? Funny how they where everywhere the past 3 days drinking the koolaid and talking all that smack. Hope to see you next Saturday when we make it 8 out of the last 10.

Hmmm mysteriously Duke fans suffer from this too immediately after a loss. Every college fan is delusional if they think their team has an easy chance at winning the big dance this year. Bragging about Duke winning this season is kind of like bragging about getting kissed by your Grandma in middle school. 

http://www.theonion.com/articles/you-will-suffer-humiliation-when-the-sports-team-f,10804/

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

not a fan of neither team but we all know what the outcome would probably be if all the tarheels from last years team had not gone pro.  that's what kills unc all the time is they're players leave for the pros.  I was reading the other day that unc turns out more pro players than any other school.  This could have a little bit to do with why unc doesn't beat Duke more often.

not a fan of neither team but we all know what the outcome would probably be if all the tarheels from last years team had not gone pro.  that's what kills unc all the time is they're players leave for the pros.  I was reading the other day that unc turns out more pro players than any other school.  This could have a little bit to do with why unc doesn't beat Duke more often.

So?

Really where did you read that cause it is WRONG....guess what team does actually have the most players in the NBA

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/26283066/34339693

Duke. It’s ironic at face value, since the joke’s always been something to do with Duke’s players always being so great at the college level and amounting to nothing beyond that. But Duke’s been consistently getting guys into the Association.

You want to know how Mike Krzyzewski’s really keeping his program at the top? Well, winning that 2010 title helps, but just as importantly, he can walk into any recruit's home, flash those four rings, and also proclaim he’s putting more guys into the NBA than John Calipari, Roy Williams, Jim Boeheim, Bill Donovan and Jim Calhoun. Most wouldn't think that was the case. Until I came upon this information, I would've maybe put Duke in the top five; certainly not atop the list.

According to rosters listed on the NBA official website as of the season-openers on Christmas Day, here’s who is sending the most players to David Stern's empire.

1. Duke, 17

2. UCLA, 15

Kentucky, 15

4. Texas, 13

Connecticut, 13

6. North Carolina, 12

Kansas, 12

8. Arizona, 10

Florida, 10

Credit for this information goes to the Arizona sports information department, which sent me a notice that this was the 12th straight season the NBA’s employed at least eight former Arizona players.  As for conference play? Yeah, let's throw out some more ammo for the ACC honks, who can rightfully proclaim their league brings in the most elite talent -- by a wide margin.

1. Atlantic Coast, 62

2. Pac-12, 53

3. Big East, 49

4. Southeastern, 45

5. Big 12, 40

6. Big Ten, 25

Hmmm mysteriously Duke fans suffer from this too immediately after a loss. Every college fan is delusional if they think their team has an easy chance at winning the big dance this year. Bragging about Duke winning this season is kind of like bragging about getting kissed by your Grandma in middle school. 

http://www.theonion.com/articles/you-will-suffer-humiliation-when-the-sports-team-f,10804/

Nice article, Burger.  The Onion consistently delivers with well-written, humorous articles.  I laughed quite a bit while reading through it.

First off, my comment was not referring to the silence after the game.  I posted that in the middle of the game and was referring to the silence of thousands who sat in stunned silence watching their team get shellacked on senior night.

However, I disagree with your assessment of bragging this season.  I will always enjoy a victory over UNC, no matter which year it is.  It could be Duke's only win of the year, and that win would still be the sweetest.

I do think the winner of the NCAA tournament could come from any of about a dozen or so teams, so it may be more of a toss-up than normal, but who cares?  College basketball is awesome, and I happen to like the parity.  In fact, if Duke doesn't win it all, I would love for one of the so-called mid-majors (like Gonzaga (I know they're currently #1), Saint Louis, Creighton, New Mexico, etc.) to grab the trophy.

One last thing, Duke is still undefeated this year when Ryan Kelly is healthy enough to play.  So, now that he's returned from injury, that may vault the Blue Devils to the top of the class.  We'll know for certain in a few weeks.  Duke is only guaranteed 2 more games this year (one in the ACC tourney and one in the NCAA tourney), but I have a feeling I'll get to watch several more than that.

Wait.  If you're not a fan of neither, does that really mean that you like both:P

Nah, probably not, because I'm pretty sure that's not possible.

Kudos to coach "k" his team came ready to play. The Tarheels not so much. I have to wonder about  Roy's commitment to the game when he puts a team on the floor this late in the year with such an obvious lack of focus. I love my heels ( 8points 17 seconds was  the  first time I watched them play) don't get me wrong, but they were out played  and worse out coached last night. Well done K

Not a good weekend.  My mother passed away yesterday in Raleigh, so I am dealing with all that that entails.  As usual the government wants to know more than I feel they need to and requires more forms than I want to fill out.  My dad died three years ago. If there is a heaven, I would imagine there is a hell of a fight going on over who gets control of the remote.

Not a good weekend.  My mother passed away yesterday in Raleigh, so I am dealing with all that that entails.  As usual the government wants to know more than I feel they need to and requires more forms than I want to fill out.  My dad died three years ago. If there is a heaven, I would imagine there is a hell of a fight going on over who gets control of the remote.

My condolences, sir.  I also appreciate your candidness in posting that very personal matter.

Duke is going to have a difficult time in the tourney with a good team plays very physical and the refs let them play.

UNC is going to have to lock down on D for the whole game and have all their shooters show up tin order to have a chance. But the fact that the don't have a big man is the most obvious reason that they'll struggle to win the whole thing.

State is a head case and between their collective inability to play for 40 minutes and CJ Leslie's point shaving, they will get bounced in the second round IF they're lucky enough to win a game.

Miami is just not going to win it all. No reason needed.

The best chance for the ACC this year is Duke.

Sorry to hear about your loss...

Not a good weekend. My mother passed away yesterday in Raleigh, so I am dealing with all that that entails. As usual the government wants to know more than I feel they need to and requires more forms than I want to fill out. My dad died three years ago. If there is a heaven, I would imagine there is a hell of a fight going on over who gets control of the remote.

Sorry to hear that man. You'll be in our thoughts and prayers.

If you don't mind me asking, had she been sick, or was it all of a sudden? If you don't care to share, totally understandable. I hope you get through all of the forms and red tape ok. That's got to be frustrating.

Not a good weekend. My mother passed away yesterday in Raleigh, so I am dealing with all that that entails. As usual the government wants to know more than I feel they need to and requires more forms than I want to fill out. My dad died three years ago. If there is a heaven, I would imagine there is a hell of a fight going on over who gets control of the remote.

sorry for your loss.

It looks like the euro drops a couple inches for the nc mtns next friday. Probably more in upslope areas. Then it drops over a foot for everyone in the mountains next Tuesday.

And I dropped a couple inches this morning. Same deal. Both situations are piles of ****.

Sorry to hear that man.

Sorry I had to laugh at the last sentence.

Nice article, Burger.  The Onion consistently delivers with well-written, humorous articles.  I laughed quite a bit while reading through it.

First off, my comment was not referring to the silence after the game.  I posted that in the middle of the game and was referring to the silence of thousands who sat in stunned silence watching their team get shellacked on senior night.

However, I disagree with your assessment of bragging this season.  I will always enjoy a victory over UNC, no matter which year it is.  It could be Duke's only win of the year, and that win would still be the sweetest.

I do think the winner of the NCAA tournament could come from any of about a dozen or so teams, so it may be more of a toss-up than normal, but who cares?  College basketball is awesome, and I happen to like the parity.  In fact, if Duke doesn't win it all, I would love for one of the so-called mid-majors (like Gonzaga (I know they're currently #1), Saint Louis, Creighton, New Mexico, etc.) to grab the trophy.

One last thing, Duke is still undefeated this year when Ryan Kelly is healthy enough to play.  So, now that he's returned from injury, that may vault the Blue Devils to the top of the class.  We'll know for certain in a few weeks.  Duke is only guaranteed 2 more games this year (one in the ACC tourney and one in the NCAA tourney), but I have a feeling I'll get to watch several more than that.

On comment on this supposed "silence," I was at this game and the Dome was FAR from silent. That was the loudest I've ever seen it when we were trying to will our team to just hit a dang shot. However, one could still hear ratface's rampant cursing, including many f-bombs, throughout the game. I know it's hard for dook fans to understand how loud a place can be when your little gym only holds what is it? A couple thousand?

On comment on this supposed "silence," I was at this game and the Dome was FAR from silent. That was the loudest I've ever seen it when we were trying to will our team to just hit a dang shot. However, one could still hear ratface's rampant cursing, including many f-bombs, throughout the game. I know it's hard for dook fans to understand how loud a place can be when your little gym only holds what is it? A couple thousand?

Spoken like someone who has never been to Cameron. The place is absolutely nuts -- not like the wine and cheese crowd at the Dean Dome.

Sorry about your senior night:)

You mean these fans hopefully you where not one of them, typical wine and cheese crowd....and CIS is tons louder than the "dome" which is why it is usually ranked as the #1 or #2 toughest place to play on the road in the country. 

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2013/03/10/3905312/inglorious-end-to-otherwise-impressive.html

But with 3 minutes, 9 seconds remaining in the game, Duke had the game in hand with a 67-49 lead – triggering fans to exit the stadium.

“I’m a little disappointed in those people that left,” coach Roy Williams said following the loss. “I thought we would have stayed around and listened to the seniors. You can’t complain about those people, but I’m really, really pleased that those students did stay and listened to the video.

“I know that it’s not easy to sit there after somebody kicks your rear end like that.”

Sophomore guard P.J. Hairston echoed Williams’ observation.

“I do feel like (the fans) should have stayed if they cared that much about the team,” Hairston said. “I feel like that if you’re a Tar Heel fan, you still need to support your team through a loss or a win.”

By the 1:15 mark, Strickland was subbed out of the game with his head down, receiving no applause from a crowd that was nearly two-thirds empty.

Dumb question from a newbie here - but you mention "Roberts post on facebook".  Who is robert and what is his facebook page? also, who is DT I see mentioned?T

thank you!

Check out WxSouth on Facebook.  Robert is Foothils on here.   Great discussion.  Basically, he says what we all feel....Going to have to see it to believe it.  Could it happen yes.  Most likely no.  Can't rule it out because climo does support snow from bowling ball lows at this time of year, albeit very rarely.  Also, mentions that watching the block over Greenland is most important.  The models of have most often been incorrect on its potential existance until this past month when they were correct.  So, it's a wait and see mode.  If we get it, great.  If not, it' not something that we expect anyway.  Any snow would be a bonus from here on in.

They are meteorologist who live in the United States.

What a pretentious and waste of a reply.

I'm not STUPID - I obvously know they are mets or at the very least people involved in weather - considering they are doing writeups and given forecasts.

I was asking for a full name and/or a url to see the discussions everyone is referring to.

Robert is a met out of the Shelby, NC area . DT is based out of Maryland or VA. People from Waycross are tools!

Check out WxSouth on Facebook.  Robert is Foothils on here.   Great discussion.  Basically, he says what we all feel....Going to have to see it to believe it.  Could it happen yes.  Most likely no.  Can't rule it out because climo does support snow from bowling ball lows at this time of year, albeit very rarely.  Also, mentions that watching the block over Greenland is most important.  The models of have most often been incorrect on its potential existance until this past month when they were correct.  So, it's a wait and see mode.  If we get it, great.  If not, it' not something that we expect anyway.  Any snow would be a bonus from here on in.

Thank you both! Much appreciated!!

You will see a lot of those from this guy

What a pretentious and waste of a reply.

I'm not STUPID - I obvously know they are mets or at the very least people involved in weather - considering they are doing writeups and given forecasts.

I was asking for a full name and/or a url to see the discussions everyone is referring to.

Archived