Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
March Banter Thread

Isopycnic

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So it looks like the NE just got Jan 25, 2000'd.  Three days ago they weren't even sure they were going to get a storm, than they weren't sure it would be snow and than they thought they would get a couple of sloppy inches.  Now 20"+ later they are looking at another historic winter.  Everyone get ready, more of the same next year, the -PDO is hear to stay for many years.  Hopefully next winter we will be warmer.

This is the first time Boston has seem a March (or later) snowfall over 12" or greater since the April Fool's Day Blizzard of 1997.

It sounds like the storm was a huge over-performer up there.  Pretty cool.  I need to move to New England.

I actually felt bad for them the start of February, there was a lot of belly aching going on, but not now.  I would bet a lot of places are going to be 150-200% of climo, which is difficult when your average is 40-50 inches.  

So it looks like the NE just got Jan 25, 2000'd.  Three days ago they weren't even sure they were going to get a storm, than they weren't sure it would be snow and than they thought they would get a couple of sloppy inches.  Now 20"+ later they are looking at another historic winter.  Everyone get ready, more of the same next year, the -PDO is hear to stay for many years.  Hopefully next winter we will be warmer.

I've had several good storms in a -PDO...I'll chance it - especially if we can squeeze out a neutral/weak Nino (which is forecast through the summer months anyway).

So it looks like the NE just got Jan 25, 2000'd. Three days ago they weren't even sure they were going to get a storm, than they weren't sure it would be snow and than they thought they would get a couple of sloppy inches. Now 20"+ later they are looking at another historic winter. Everyone get ready, more of the same next year, the -PDO is hear to stay for many years. Hopefully next winter we will be warmer.

It's kinda funny, I remember a few days ago on DTwxbust facebook page, a headline in ALL CAPS saying something like, New England Snowstorm NOT!!!!

That was while he was still holding onto the idea that the storm would stay south, giving all of VA an epic snowstorm.

It's kinda funny, I remember a few days ago on DTwxbust facebook page, a headline in ALL CAPS saying something like, New England Snowstorm NOT!!!!

That was while he was still holding onto the idea that the storm would stay south, giving all of VA an epic snowstorm.

Reading some of the comments on the MA board about then getting pummeled in SNE is pretty funny.My grandmother lives up there said they were calling for 1-3" as late as 11 pm last night on the local weather...she has around 11-12", even places that got 20-24" were only calling for 3-6" as late as midnight last night as well.. Why cant we get that kinda bust down here.. 

http://www.erh.noaa.gov/hydromet/hydrometDisplay.php?event=stormTotalv3_24&element=snow&centeron=BOX

The model ensembles were just showing last week and the week before that march was going to be a cold month possibly the coldest month this winter in regards to below the normals. I even heard the year 1960 brought up a time or two with analog comparisons. Now the next 7 days the forecast is for 65 or higher each day and maybe getting into the 70's the middle of next week? Long range models are horrible and are getting worse each year instead of better. I lost count on how many times the models were crying wolf with the mother load of cold air coming this winter and then nothing even close to what they were showing happened. The last two winters have been pretty depressing to say the least! The overall patterns have changed big time from the 80's & 90's... You can't even get a low pressure system to develop in the gulf of mexico and ride up the east coast like they used to do like clock work during the winters back then. I guess all those microwaves going through our atmosphere thanks to HAARP has something to do with it???

Did someone say HAARP? Government conspiracies trying to controller the weather? For what purpose? To protect the public from hurricanes and tornadoes? To manipulate weather patterns that would support the liberal agenda global warming theory? Counter act natural climate change? Meteorological warfare??? Now I'm interested! Someone create a thread about that!

Need to move to Denver. From 60s to blowing snow up to 1 foot now.

Yeah, and probably back to 60s with all the snow gone in a day or two as well.  Denver does not have many days a year with snowcover.  As another poster said, snow is most common in the spring there.  Of course, you won't have to drive far to see snow in the mountains there.  Denver is pretty arid with 15 inches total rain per year as well.  Not far from chase country in the spring though.  But pretty expensive to live in (avg house price presently around 1/4 million dollars). 

Is there a snowstorm in Chapel Hill tonight??  The Dean Dome has that silent aura about it, just like nature after a freshly fallen snow.  Silence is golden!!

:D :D :D

My phone was blowing up all damn day with text from my UNC fan friends talking smack how UNC wsd gonna beat Duke blah blah blah....strangely I havent had a text for a couple of hrs now.......however my outgoing text onslaught is about to begin muwahahahahahaha

Archived