Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
March Banter Thread

Isopycnic

Hey Guys,

Finally home after a 2 hr delay on 85. (May be a topic in ot already.) What an amazing adventure. I want to thank my chase team mates for letting me be a part of it. I know my inlaws enjoyed having us there. They have invited us back next year. I know the farmers daughter wants to go on the mountain climb next year. We have alot of pictures that we need to merge into a thread as well as some summerazation. You will hear references to things like "snowpack chicken" and woodstove lasagna" and I'm sure three different versions of "Ted almost hit the snow plow"

Thanks to you guys for cheering us on,

Ted

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is where we spent two wonderful days.  Great place, wonderful people and abundant snow.  What more could you ask?

What a beautiful place :wub:  Glad to hear you are back home :hug:

Hey Guys,

Finally home after a 2 hr delay on 85. (May be a topic in ot already.) What an amazing adventure. I want to thank my chase team mates for letting me be a part of it. I know my inlaws enjoyed having us there. They have invited us back next year. I know the farmers daughter wants to go on the mountain climb next year. We have alot of pictures that we need to merge into a thread as well as some summerazation. You will hear references to things like "snowpack chicken" and woodstove lasagna" and I'm sure three different versions of "Ted almost hit the snow plow"

Ted

Wow....a two hr delay  :(   Glad to see you made it back home :hug:    Start that thread already so we can all be even more jealous  :P  Snowpack chicken, woodstove lasagna(sounds wonderful btw) and various details of how you avoided the snow plows  :lol:   I can't wait to hear the stories ::wub:

Hey Guys,

Ted

Book me for next year. I mean wood stove lasagna...I don't care what meeting I have to miss. 

Care to share any favorite spots? Mostly been dragging the camper to state parks around here. Would like to venture over the hill this season and try out some nice N.C. campgrounds.

Pm where u want to go. We camp a lot of areas from mountains to beach and all around. Going tomorrow to look at another fifth wheel

Care to share any favorite spots? Mostly been dragging the camper to state parks around here. Would like to venture over the hill this season and try out some nice N.C. campgrounds.

Pm where u want to go. We camp a lot of areas from mountains to beach and all around. Going tomorrow to look at another fifth wheel

Sweet, will do. We're gonna rock the pop-up this season then pull the trigger on a 30 ft bunkhouse travel trailer next year. Saving my pennies for a 3/4 ton pickup at the moment. If you happen have a used powerstroke that needs a good home, hook a brother up!

Made it home safely, a big thank you to Fraz and Burns, awesome folks and chase! Another big thank you to the farmers daughter for opening their doors to us, amazing place, people, time. Guarantee we were every bit of 20" on top of that mountian (on our epic drive), I had 19" at the base before we headed up. Pics and post event summary will be this weekend for me, as I am tired and have to work tomorrow. Now if I could just get me some more of that snow packed chicken...

Sweet, will do. We're gonna rock the pop-up this season then pull the trigger on a 30 ft bunkhouse travel trailer next year. Saving my pennies for a 3/4 ton pickup at the moment. If you happen have a used powerstroke that needs a good home, hook a brother up!

I will never give up one of our powerstrokes. Sorry

Looking forward to "The Chase " stories pics. I can't imagine if you guys would have picked DC for a target and shacked up for free with a guy named JI. That would have been motion picture material considering the bust they received and cast of characters. J Burns sitting in JI living room watching epic fail. Oh we'll I'm sure the stories will be ever bit as good. Thanks in advance for sharing.

Looking forward to "The Chase " stories pics. I can't imagine if you guys would have picked DC for a target and shacked up for free with a guy named JI. That would have been motion picture material considering the bust they received and cast of characters. J Burns sitting in JI living room watching epic fail. Oh we'll I'm sure the stories will be ever bit as good. Thanks in advance for sharing.

I think Ji was far enough inland to still get 6" or so, but yeah.  I'm sure Ji was still pissed since he was probably expecting two feet.

Missed you too.  It got cold without electricity.  I know you could have helped me with that.   :santa:

I am quite resourceful, I once made a torch from a chunk of my t-shirt, bug spray and a magnesium stick to see my way out of  a fishin' hole I couldn't bare to leave before dark. Mossy Creek, Cherokee Lake TN.

So yes I would set my shirt on fire to survive if I had too. :arrrg:

Made it home safely, a big thank you to Fraz and Burns, awesome folks and chase! Another big thank you to the farmers daughter for opening their doors to us, amazing place, people, time. Guarantee we were every bit of 20" on top of that mountian (on our epic drive), I had 19" at the base before we headed up. Pics and post event summary will be this weekend for me, as I am tired and have to work tomorrow. Now if I could just get me some more of that snow packed chicken...

Glad to hear you finally made it back home :hug:  Sounds like everyone had an awesome time :D 

Probably not by Waycross standards, but we did pretty well.

I'm soooo jealous  :P    

beautiful picture :wub:

Think it is time to close this chapter of 2012-2013 winter for me.  Great job to everyone sharing their knowledge and the pbps and pictures throughout this season!  I truly enjoy learning from all of you.  See you in August to discuss the upcoming  2013-2014 winter season. 

Enjoy the outdoors and the weather!  

And I hate being outside in summer, and love it in winter :)  These winter months go by so fast and the long, miserable slog through the 9 months of summer begins again.  Agony, lol.  I don't grieve until the Masters.   T

And I hate being outside in summer, and love it in winter :)  These winter months go by so fast and the long, miserable slog through the 9 months of summer begins again.  Agony, lol.  I don't grieve until the Masters.   T

I'm with you Tony. I use to like being out in the heat, but heat above 90 sucks and that's what we're been getting lately. What ever happened to temps in the 80's and pop-up thunderstorms? 

I guess I shouldn't complain though, our first points event of the season is Sunday and it's suppose to be nice,,, I know you're not far from Atlanta Motor Speedway, come out Sunday and say hey! 

Is about time to pull the ole Lawn Garden Fishing thread back out? I'm getting the itch

Alabama man catches potential world record 70-pound striped bass

By Joe Songer
[email protected]
By Joe Songer
Posted: Thursday, Mar. 07, 2013

Modified: Thursday, Mar. 07, 2013

dRV8I.Em.138.jpeg

James R. Bramlett, 65, landed this 70-pound striped bass from the Black Warrior River on Feb. 28, 2013. The fish was weighed on certified scales, was 45.5 inches long and had a 37.75-inch girth. (Joe Songer/al.com photo)

DORA, Ala. James R. Bramlett, 65, landed a potential world record 70-pound striped bass in the Black Warrior River near the Gorgas Steam Plant on Feb. 28.

The fish was weighed on certified scales and officials and a fisheries biologist with the Alabama Department of Conservation and Natural Resources went to Bramlett's home to make it official. The fish was 45.5 inches long and had a 37.75 inch girth.

It tops the previous state record, which has stood since 1959, by 15 pounds. That fish was caught on the Tallapoosa River.

The IGFA world record for a landlocked stripe bass is 67 pounds, 8 ounces, and has stood since May 1992.

For much more, including a slideshow and video, click here.

subscribe.gifSubscribe to The Charlotte Observer.

I am quite resourceful, I once made a torch from a chunk of my t-shirt, bug spray and a magnesium stick to see my way out of  a fishin' hole I couldn't bare to leave before dark. Mossy Creek, Cherokee Lake TN.

So yes I would set my shirt on fire to survive if I had too. :arrrg:

Is your name Elly May by chance?  :guitar:

fxP1D2s.jpg

Archived